The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

On the other hand I got rejected by UCL today 😂😂😂
I think my portfolio style might be too old school for their taste... oh well 😌
Original post by czhang1998

Commiserations, but no great loss, right?!
Maybe they've been on TSR and have seen that you'd rather go to Cambridge!
Original post by thewinelake
Commiserations, but no great loss, right?!
Maybe they've been on TSR and have seen that you'd rather go to Cambridge!

Hah there are spies amongst us 😂 I'm happy with what I've got so it's all good 😊
I was going to post a question a few weeks ago along the lines of "for those that have Cambridge offers AND are applying to UCL, which would you choose and why?" and then realised that would be a spectacularly stupid thing to ask and even more stupid to respond to!

you may be too good for ucl bruh :yy:
Original post by EmmaNuel8
wow congrats!!!

Thank you ! X
Original post by poopiepie
yayy! congrats! :biggrin:

Yay!! Ucl buds

Who would give up Cambridge for ucl anyway :wink:
I was going to post a question a few weeks ago along the lines of "for those that have Cambridge offers AND are applying to UCL, which would you choose and why?" and then realised that would be a spectacularly stupid thing to ask and even more stupid to respond to!

Purely because ucl has a more artistic (and in my opinion interesting) approach to the course ..? Lol
Original post by christieswallow
well done, when did you have your interview?

Thank you ! 30th of November , they took their time
Yeay! And then there were two....

...so remind us, is UCL your school of choice?

Hahah it's nerve wrecking knowing there are 2 offers out? Yes I applied to Cambridge as well but funnily enough ucl was always my top choice
Original post by Ranatabatabaie
Thank you ! 30th of November , they took their time

My interview was the same day, hope I find out soon!

well it's not as obvious as it might sound. I've always been persuaded to apply to Cambridge but a thought of staying here for 3 more years daunted me and kept me from applying. I also know a couple of archi students from Cambridge who told me they wished they had chosen UCL instead
Hahah it's nerve wrecking knowing there are 2 offers out? Yes I applied to Cambridge as well but funnily enough ucl was always my top choice

Did you get an offer?
Seems to me from the stats that over 80% of offer holders end up on the course.
If I were faced with the decision, it'd be tricky. For me, UCL has the most exciting course, but living in London is a pain and the collegiate lifestyle is something not to be missed. At the end of the day, I would imagine that the outcomes are broadly comparable (and one can likely include Bath, Cardiff and many others in that!).
Perhaps one benefit of Cambridge would be if you decided you didn't want to be an Architect, you could possibly switch (or just hope that people will see "Cambridge" on your CV and believe the hype!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone still not received an offer from Cardiff? They received my portfolio at the beginning of January and they still haven't responded. Should I contact them? I really want to know soon as it's the last one I'm waiting for and need to put my firm and insurance in
Original post by sofiacovxo
Has anyone still not received an offer from Cardiff? They received my portfolio at the beginning of January and they still haven't responded. Should I contact them? I really want to know soon as it's the last one I'm waiting for and need to put my firm and insurance in

Dont panic, they take awhile
Hello!
I'm about to study Architecture and I have to decide about my firm choice.
My choices are Cardiff, Manchester and Sheffield.
Which one do you think is the best choice and combines good degree and life?
Original post by twenty16app
you may be too good for ucl bruh :yy:

Hahaha not truuuu I'm too traditional for them I think 😂
Who would give up Cambridge for ucl anyway :wink:

Haha I'm SO HAPPY for you tho!!! Congrats again!!
Did you get an offer?
Seems to me from the stats that over 80% of offer holders end up on the course.
If I were faced with the decision, it'd be tricky. For me, UCL has the most exciting course, but living in London is a pain and the collegiate lifestyle is something not to be missed. At the end of the day, I would imagine that the outcomes are broadly comparable (and one can likely include Bath, Cardiff and many others in that!).
Perhaps one benefit of Cambridge would be if you decided you didn't want to be an Architect, you could possibly switch (or just hope that people will see "Cambridge" on your CV and believe the hype!)

I was rejected form Cambridge yes, but I had my mind set and knew that if I had gotten an offer I would have to think very hard about my desicioin. You're right, ucl has an interesting approach , they're not the second architecture school in the world for nothing, but Cambridge is Cambridge. There's loads to consider. Can I ask what offers you're thinking of for firm and insurance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending