The Student Room Group

Do you think guys and girls can be just friends?

Yes/no and why/why not
I personally think they can
I have watched videos though like social experiment ones, majority of the guys think no (in the vids).

Scroll to see replies

yes of course
why? because i view everyone as people rather than men/women. the only time that changes is if there is a more intimate interest. without that aspect, i dont care what they look like because i am looking at their personality ie trustworthiness, loyalty etc and physical form is irrelevant
Haha, is this a joke? Of course. But I think they can only be friends when for example, the guy thinks the girl is un-attractive and the girl thinks the guy is unattractive.
Reply 3
Yes.

Of course, it's possible for one to catch feelings for the other but there's no reason why both can't view each other as a friend.
Yes you can but I also think rarely do many guys set out or approach girls with the intentions of being only friends. I think a lot of the time when it does happen you kinda slip into being friends.

However if a guy approaches you and makes an effort to get to know you and talk to you then I think a lot of girls misjudge their intentions all the time. Like honestly most guys only talk to or message girls they like. When judging situations I always ask myself 'would this guy be doing this to this person if it was a guy not a girl' and most of the time it's a no.
Reply 5
Original post by whatfuture
Yes/no and why/why not
I personally think they can
I have watched videos though like social experiment ones, majority of the guys think no (in the vids).

Yes. When they're is not sexual attraction/ tension between them yah. Bit tricky when feelings are unrequited. (Not speaking from experience at all.. 😂)
No. There is always a chance of catching feelings. It is reality.
100% yes. I think platonic relationships are really important.
Yes.
Original post by Anonymous
No. There is always a chance of catching feelings. It is reality.

A chance = always?

Original post by blameitontiffany
Haha, is this a joke? Of course. But I think they can only be friends when for example, the guy thinks the girl is un-attractive and the girl thinks the guy is unattractive.

Attraction is based around only looks?
Original post by _gcx
A chance = always?

Attraction is based around only looks?

for some people! :rolleyes:

on the other hand it is quite possible to find someone of the opposite sex who are great as friends but would not be long term compatible in a relationship for whatever reason. i know a woman who i love chatting to but a relationship would never last so why bother going down a dead end road? a friendship could be more lucrative
Yes, because I'm not an idiot.

How many times is this question going to be asked?
i think yeeaa if none of the 2 people catch feelingss :smile:

@Lychee627
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
How many times is this question going to be asked?

Over 9000?
Original post by tasha_tah
i think yeeaa if none of the 2 people catch feelingss :smile:

@Lychee627

They can be friends yes , as long as they dont get too close tbh :yep:
Original post by Willy Pete
Over 9000?

More than that.
Reply 16
Yeah! Especially if they aren't attracted to one another and if one of them is gay then it's purely platonic.
Original post by Lychee627
They can be friends yes , as long as they dont get too close tbh :yep:

if they get close then they get attracted ? they can be close friends
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
More than that.

What is more than over 9000?
Original post by tasha_tah
if they get close then they get attracted ? they can be close friends

Like as in too close physically :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending