The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S2M
Thanks. Yeah that's the one I'm worried about, otherwise I'm confident that I can pass the multiple. Over these few days I'm going to do both.

Trick is when you see a hazard developing click, not when the hazard actually happens.

There are certain websites which have free hazard perception tests which I found really useful. :biggrin:
Original post by S2M
Thanks! Do you remember what score you got on both?

Yeah! I got 48/50 on the multiple choice and 64/75 in hazard perception! :smile:
Reply 1162
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Trick is when you see a hazard developing click, not when the hazard actually happens.

There are certain websites which have free hazard perception tests which I found really useful. :biggrin:

Ah ok, got it. Sometimes when I see a developing hazard, I get 0 because I'm like a second early.
Reply 1163
Original post by shanj0nes
Yeah! I got 48/50 on the multiple choice and 64/75 in hazard perception! :smile:

Wow! Well done. Have you passed the practical?
Original post by S2M
Wow! Well done. Have you passed the practical?

Thank you! I'm better at exams than practical stuff! I got my provisional through and took my theory 8 days later! Where as with my practical, I passed third time! All within a year of driving! (Had the same examiner three times as well -.-)

I'm glad I didn't give up though, it was all worth it in the end!! Best of luck with your theory! You'll smash it!! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1165
Thank you! I'm better at exams than practical stuff! I got my provisional through and took my theory 8 days later! Where as with my practical, I passed third time! All within a year of driving! (Had the same examiner three times as well -.-)

I'm glad I didn't give up though, it was all worth it in the end!! Best of luck with your theory! You'll smash it!! :smile:

Thank you. It's great that you didn't give up, can't believe you had the same examiner 3 times!
Original post by cherryred90s
How is it so cheap? I thought it was £150

The Welsh government fund £130 of the course, so it's only £20. However, it only applies to people who live in Wales.

Similar grants may be available in England, I'm not really sure though.

Beat me by 1 on the multiple choice :biggrin:
Original post by S2M
Thanks. I'm not really worried out multiple to get 43/50 because I usually get 47/50 but I'm worried about Hazard Perception.

For hazard perception, I clicked whenever I saw a potential hazard. Just be sure not to click too many times. I was nervous for it too but it was fine
It's different prices depending on where you live!

Omg such a huge difference in price though. Where do you live?
The Welsh government fund £130 of the course, so it's only £20. However, it only applies to people who live in Wales.

Similar grants may be available in England, I'm not really sure though.

Oh okay, yeah I'll have a look at it when I finally get a car

Literally same with me. I passed theory first time so I thought I'd pass practical first time :laugh: I ended up passing 3rd time too but I'm just glad it's over and that I no longer have to pay for lessons
Reply 1172
For hazard perception, I clicked whenever I saw a potential hazard. Just be sure not to click too many times. I was nervous for it too but it was fine

Thanks, when did you do your theory?
Literally same with me. I passed theory first time so I thought I'd pass practical first time :laugh: I ended up passing 3rd time too but I'm just glad it's over and that I no longer have to pay for lessons

Omg same! It was so expensive! With all my tests and stuff! Nothing compares to the expense of driving but it so worth it!!

I loved my driving instructor I proper miss having lessons! It's such a shame she doesn't do the pass plus!
Omg such a huge difference in price though. Where do you live?

I live in Wales!! :smile:
Beat me by 1 on the multiple choice :biggrin:

Funny you say that actually! I did all the questions and I realised I had so much time left, so i went back and changed a few answers! It's a good job I did! Hahah!

I thought I failed my hazard perception though!
Original post by S2M
Thanks, when did you do your theory?

June last year
Reply 1177
June last year

Ah ok. I just got an email from them saying they cancelled my test for Tuesday legit a minute ago.
Funny you say that actually! I did all the questions and I realised I had so much time left, so i went back and changed a few answers! It's a good job I did! Hahah!

I thought I failed my hazard perception though!

It amazes me how I even passed the theory and practical test :rofl:
Original post by S2M
Ah ok. I just got an email from them saying they cancelled my test for Tuesday legit a minute ago.

Why'd they cancel it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending