The Student Room Group

Let him down nicely...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bham369
No. I have a crush on him. I like him as more than friends...

I mean you love him as if he were part of the family!
Original post by Bham369
I am trying to get to know him better. Like I have said before I fear it may just be a crush and nothing serious.

As for rejecting him. I know that he will have to get used to it but I'm not sure what to tell him...

Awww girl:smile:, life is hard, we have to make difficult decisions.
The guy you immensely like you have said does not feel the same about you, and there are others lurking somewhere, you need to try, and give this guy a chance. Experiment?= although this is the wrong word to use.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
I mean you love him as if he were part of the family!

I guess...?
Original post by Bham369
I am trying to get to know him better. Like I have said before I fear it may just be a crush and nothing serious.

As for rejecting him. I know that he will have to get used to it but I'm not sure what to tell him...

"Thing is although I really like him I don't feel I know him enough to date him."

Well how are you meant to get to know him better without "dating"? Do you even know what this means? It doesn't mean you're boyfriend and girlfriend it's just another word for getting to know each other and seeing whether it's possible to be in a relationship with each other.
Original post by Bham369
I guess...?

Seems logical to me
Reply 25
Original post by adorable16
Awww girl:smile:, life is hard, we have to make difficult decisions.
The guy you immensely like you have said does not feel the same about you, and there are others lurking somewhere, you need to try, and give this guy a chance. Experiment?= although this is the wrong word to use.

Thing is I have never had anyone fancy me in the way that he claims to...
So you think I should try him out?
Original post by Bham369
Thing is I have never had anyone fancy me in the way that he claims to...
So you think I should try him out?

I think so, especially considering you like him:smile:
And if you do decide to do so please tell me how it went, I would love to know.:smile::smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Philip-flop
"Thing is although I really like him I don't feel I know him enough to date him."

Well how are you meant to get to know him better without "dating"? Do you even know what this means? It doesn't mean you're boyfriend and girlfriend it's just another word for getting to know each other and seeing whether it's possible to be in a relationship with each other.

But for now I only want to be friends with him. Nothing more. I don't want to lead him on with no reason...
Reply 28
I think so, especially considering you like him:smile:
And if you do decide to do so please tell me how it went, I would love to know.:smile::smile:

Don't worry I will :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Bham369
But for now I only want to be friends with him. Nothing more. I don't want to lead him on with no reason...

Don't lead him on, just be honest with what you want. Tell him what you told us.
Original post by Bham369
Don't worry I will :smile:

Awwww thank you:smile:
I hope my advice was beneficial somehow.
Reply 31
Original post by UWS
Don't lead him on, just be honest with what you want. Tell him what you told us.

How do I do that without hurting him?
Reply 32
Awwww thank you:smile:
I hope my advice was beneficial somehow.

I'm sure I'll use it tonight when I see him :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Bham369
How do I do that without hurting him?

You tell him you're not looking to date right now. Putting it without hurting him is only going to give him the wrong impression, don't be that girl who is like "you're such a nice guy, etc..."
Original post by Bham369
I'm sure I'll use it tonight when I see him :smile:

Yay!
The glories of dating:wink:
Reply 35
Yay!
The glories of dating:wink:

It's stressful!
Reply 36
Original post by UWS
You tell him you're not looking to date right now. Putting it without hurting him is only going to give him the wrong impression, don't be that girl who is like "you're such a nice guy, etc..."

Right...
OK...
Original post by Bham369
It's stressful!

Is it?
I would not know... haha
I'll ask you for future advice as you are a pro:smile:
Reply 38
Is it?
I would not know... haha
I'll ask you for future advice as you are a pro:smile:

I'm the worst when it comes to relationships! Especially my own!
Original post by Bham369
I'm the worst when it comes to relationships! Especially my own!

Awwww I am sure you are not, it must be overwhelming though:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending