The Student Room Group

Why are people so supportive of teenagers who have children?

I've just seen on Facebook that a Facebook friend of a Facebook friend has had a child today, she's 16 and so is the father. There are over 300 likes and comments saying how 'proud' everyone is, with lots of 'congratulations' and 'well done' messages being posted.

What's happened is some chavvy girl wanted sex and didn't care about the consequences, so slept with a chavvy guy she barely knows. Neither of them wanted this child and neither of them will realistically be any good as parents. Now they're being congratulated like they've actually done some good for the world. It's just wrong, all it does is support their stupidity and sends a message to others that it's celebrated if they choose to do the same thing.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Glassapple
I've just seen on Facebook that a Facebook friend of a Facebook friend has had a child today, she's 16 and so is the father. There are over 300 likes and comments saying how 'proud' everyone is, with lots of 'congratulations' and 'well done' messages being posted.

What's happened is some chavvy girl wanted sex and didn't care about the consequences, so slept with a chavvy guy she barely knows. Neither of them wanted this child and neither of them will realistically be any good as parents. Now they're being congratulated like they've actually done some good for the world. It's just wrong, all it does is support their stupity and sends a message to others that it's celebrated if they choose to do the same thing.

It's hard to bring up children at that age. Someone at my school just gave birth at 16 recently, I'm pretty proud of her for doing that tbh

What's happened is some chavvy girl wanted sex and didn't care about the consequences, so slept with a chavvy guy she barely knows. Neither of them wanted this child and neither of them will realistically be any good as parents. Now they're being congratulated like they've actually done some good for the world. It's just wrong, all it does is support their stupity and sends a message to others that it's celebrated if they choose to do the same thing.

the **** is a "stupity?"

dont worry, their morons and have no idea that their actually depleting the planets resource because of their stupid actions
The funniest one I saw was "Happy Father's day mum x"
It's just common courtesy like saying happy birthday, no one really gives a ****
Reply 6
They're not exactly gonna say stuff like "lol u hoe, why u preggerz at 16" to their faces are they...
Lmaoo with your gay privilege, not having to worry about pregnancy
Original post by study beats
dont worry, their morons and have no idea that their actually depleting the planets resource because of their stupid actions

*they're
:tea:

I mean if you're gonna take the moral high ground at least spell your insults properly.
Original post by Future.
It's hard to bring up children at that age. Someone at my school just gave birth at 16 recently, I'm pretty proud of her for doing that tbh

yep.
Not all young parents are bad parents
Original post by UWS
They're not exactly gonna say stuff like "lol u hoe, why u preggerz at 16" to their faces are they...

They shouldn't say anything at all, they just positively reinforce their stupid decisions. I wish someone would comment like that, I'd love to see what the parents would say.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by UWS

true I wouldn't that's mean and judgmental

What's happened is some chavvy girl wanted sex and didn't care about the consequences, so slept with a chavvy guy she barely knows. Neither of them wanted this child and neither of them will realistically be any good as parents. Now they're being congratulated like they've actually done some good for the world. It's just wrong, all it does is support their stupidity and sends a message to others that it's celebrated if they choose to do the same thing.

Because they're still children and do not realise how difficult it is to bring up a child until the day it is born. They need support more than anyone, there's no point abandoning the mother who may then put another child into care unnecessarily.

Young parents don't always get it wrong though: You think, you can have your freedom in your 30's, which everyone says are the best times of your life. Or you can choose to have children in your late 20's early 30's and lose that freedom until you're about 50. It's all about balance, and what your aspirations in life are.
Original post by UWS

I've done it to their face and online
Reply 15
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Lmaoo with your gay privilege, not having to worry about pregnancy

How is it a privilege? You act as if gay people should be thankful or something.

It's not like straight people have to have children. It's either a choice or the result of a mistake (including criminal acts).

Meh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Integer
Not all young parents are bad parents

Original post by slowdive
Because they're still children and do not realise how difficult it is to bring up a child until the day it is born. They need support more than anyone, there's no point abandoning the mother who may then put another child into care unnecessarily.

Young parents don't always get it wrong though: You think, you can have your freedom in your 30's, which everyone says are the best times of your life. Or you can choose to have children in your late 20's early 30's and lose that freedom until you're about 50. It's all about balance, and what your aspirations in life are.

Realistically they're going to be palming the child off to their parents a lot, who will most likely feel they don't want to do it all over again so soon. There's another mutual friend on Facebook who's 18 and always goes on about what a good mum she is, yet she posts pictures every Friday and Saturday night with her breasts hanging out, drinking in a club. Then she posts statuses about how hard it is to be a mum while hungover the morning after. Obviously her parents are doing an awful lot of the things she should be doing.

Original post by niteninja1
I've done it to their face and online

What did you say and what was the reaction?
(edited 6 years ago)
Realistically they're going to be palming the child off to their parents a lot, who will most likely feel they don't want to do it all over again so soon. There's another mutual friend on Facebook who's 18 and always goes on about what a good mum she is, yet she posts pictures every Friday and Saturday night with her breasts hanging out, drinking in a club. Then she posts statuses about how hard it is to be a mum while hungover the morning after. Obviously her parents are doing an awful lot of the things she should be doing.

What did you say and what was the reaction?

I said to her on FB that she had wasted her life and should of used a condom.

It was vicious and ended with me being told I was probably resentful and not getting any
Original post by niteninja1
I said to her on FB that she had wasted her life and should of used a condom.

It was vicious and ended with me being told I was probably resentful and not getting any

You weren't resentful, you were telling the truth. This is the entire root of the problem, they got some, got respect for it and then look what happened. If they'd have used a condom or not done it at all they wouldn't have to be parents at that age.
You weren't resentful, you were telling the truth. This is the entire root of the problem, they got some, got respect for it and then look what happened. If they'd have used a condom or not done it at all they wouldn't have to be parents at that age.

Exactly and she was predicted all As in her GCSE's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending