The Student Room Group

Leaving for Uni but Boyfriend is acting funny

I have been accepted into the Escape Studios Pearson College University but my boyfriend is staying at home miles from me. I know that we won't be able to see each other again due to timetables and working on the weekends. I can tell he's trying to change my mind and stay with him. What should I do?
Reply 1
Sasha, you want to get a good education I'm sure and he- as any good boyfriend and girlfriend- would want you to get a good education as well.

Why is he staying back home? Why is he not going to a university?
Reply 2
Original post by Katzen
Sasha, you want to get a good education I'm sure and he- as any good boyfriend and girlfriend- would want you to get a good education as well.

Why is he staying back home? Why is he not going to a university?

I call the fact that he's staying at the college that also does Uni home. He's in Southend and I'll be in London. As much as it hurts, the only way I can get the future I want is to leave him due to his behaviour. I think some people find it hard to understand others wishes at a young age like me.
Reply 3
Original post by Sasha3D
I have been accepted into the Escape Studios Pearson College University but my boyfriend is staying at home miles from me. I know that we won't be able to see each other again due to timetables and working on the weekends. I can tell he's trying to change my mind and stay with him. What should I do?

relationships end and start.. for all you know he may have an affair.. things can change.. maybe you'll like someone else.. maybe you'll stay together.
If he really loved you. you'd stay together through thick and thin and he'd let you go to uni. I supported my friends and bf through their decisions.. if he can't do that.. then he is hopeless.

I've had a relationship for ages and he's 100 miles away.
Reply 4
Original post by MKaur18
relationships end and start.. for all you know he may have an affair.. things can change.. maybe you'll like someone else.. maybe you'll stay together.
If he really loved you. you'd stay together through thick and thin and he'd let you go to uni. I supported my friends and bf through their decisions.. if he can't do that.. then he is hopeless.

I've had a relationship for ages and he's 100 miles away.

thats the problem. I dont see the point of being in a relationship when you barely see eachother. Plus he is getting miserable about me going to Uni. I would expect him to be excited. Oh well... I think that shows he only wants me for his own benefit.
Reply 5
Original post by Sasha3D
thats the problem. I dont see the point of being in a relationship when you barely see eachother. Plus he is getting miserable about me going to Uni. I would expect him to be excited. Oh well... I think that shows he only wants me for his own benefit.

You find your soulmate.. and want to build a relationship for marriage and a family.. if you dont give a sh*t about that.. then your right there is no point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending