The Student Room Group

going back to the gym after 2 months.

right its been 2 months, i have been sitting in one chair for 2 months due to bloody university exams/ courseworks.

i am a guy and i look 6 months pregnant.

can someone give me a workout plan to get back in to shape as quickly as possible? I am willing to spend 6 hours a day at the gym.

thanks

Scroll to see replies

U tryna make gains or just get rid of ur tits? First thing to do is clean up ur diet

monday- international chest day(with tris)
Tuesday-shoulders n bus
Thursday- back n bis (yeah that's right, hitting biceps again cos the biceps peaks get the hoe's in the sheets)
Friday- international leg day ( or skip it like a normal person)

That's a simple brosplit, do a like 20 minutes cardio after each workout. If u ain't feeling that just do push(chest/Tris/shoulders), pull(back n bis), legs and do that like twice a week to make all kindzz of gainz. But number 1 priority should be eating in a calorie deficit to lose yo titties.
Original post by Khanman123
U tryna make gains or just get rid of ur tits? First thing to do is clean up ur diet

monday- international chest day(with tris)
Tuesday-shoulders n bus
Thursday- back n bis (yeah that's right, hitting biceps again cos the biceps peaks get the hoe's in the sheets)
Friday- international leg day ( or skip it like a normal person)

That's a simple brosplit, do a like 20 minutes cardio after each workout. If u ain't feeling that just do push(chest/Tris/shoulders), pull(back n bis), legs and do that like twice a week to make all kindzz of gainz. But number 1 priority should be eating in a calorie deficit to lose yo titties.

i am trying to lose the basketball belly and make some gains, or atleast get a slim muscle build...

as for my diet, well the best i can do is stop eating junk food
what?
Original post by study beats
what?

He's right, 6 hours a day will **** you up boi
Original post by Teenage Hype
He's right, 6 hours a day will **** you up boi

how? wont i make proper gainz?
i am trying to lose the basketball belly and make some gains, or atleast get a slim muscle build...

as for my diet, well the best i can do is stop eating junk food

Well if u can't change ur diet ur screwed
how? wont i make proper gainz?

Do what you want honestly, you came here asking for advice, how about you do you research first?

If you're not a troll, then honestly I lost nearly 30kg by eating 1800 calories a day (on average) and lifting/exercising max 2 hours a day, 3-4 times a week
Original post by Khanman123
Well if u can't change ur diet ur screwed

why is diet so important though? i dont get it?

the best i can do is not eat junk food and eat fruit instead...

you want me to shove protein powder down my throat ?
Original post by Teenage Hype
Do what you want honestly, you came here asking for advice, how about you do you research first?

If you're not a troll, then honestly I lost nearly 30kg by eating 1800 calories a day (on average) and lifting/exercising max 2 hours a day, 3-4 times a week

did u go on a diet?
did u go on a diet?

1800 calories a day high protein, low and high GI carb, high veg easy. just be disciplined

do the research for your own sake.
so diet is more important than exercise? why did i buy a gym membership then ?
Whatever it takes, right..?

Not gonna finish of that line
Right. First off, 6 hours a day in the gym is not necessary. Keep it to 2 hours maximum.

Here's a load of help for your diet and training:

Go to this link, fill out the information about yourself in order to find out you maintainence calories:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

By working out your maintenance calories you will be able to find out how many calories you need to take in daily to ensure you achieve your long term goals.

So, now you know your maintainence calories, take this number and subtract 250 to 500 away from it to leave yourself in a calorie deficit. This way, you are reducing your necessary calories to maintain your body weight to a level which will reduce your body weight.

Download the app: MyFitnessPal. This will be your best friend when it comes to tracking food. And trust me, this is really important.

So, you have your daily calorie intake. Take this number, for example: for me, mine is 2950. If I want to lose weight, I would subtract 250-500 away from this; making it around 2700. Now, you should have your own individual calorie intake. So, with this you can work out your proteins, carbs and fats.

Your proteins will need to be around 1 gram of protein per lbs of body weight. So take your body weight in lbs and work out this number. For me it is 165g of protein. Multiply this number by 4 and that is how many calories the protein will supply you with. Take this number away from your total calorie allowance (e.g. For me = 2700-660 = 2040.

2040 is the amount of calories you will have dedicated towards fats and carbs. And obviously you want to reduce your fats, so take your original number of total calories (e.g. 2700) and multiply this by 0.15 to 0.25 depending on how much of a percentage you want your diet to have fats. Once you have worked this number out, divide it by 9. So for me it would be 0.20 x 2700 = 540. So 540 of your calories will be fats, which is 60g of fat. (540/9 = 60)

So, so far you will know your numbers, for me these are 165g of Protein and 60g of fats. Equating to 660 + 540 calories, = 1200.

Now, take this away from your original daily calories, 2700-1200 = 1500. That's how many calories you will have dedicated towards carbs. Divide this by 4 and you will be consuming 375g carbs per day.

So for me it is: 165g,60g and 375g.
For you it will be whatever you work it out to be.

Track all of your food on myfitnesspal and look up for further help on YouTube.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JordLndr
Right. First off, 6 hours a day in the gym is not necessary. Keep it to 2 hours maximum.

Here's a load of help for your diet and training:

Go to this link, fill out the information about yourself in order to find out you maintainence calories:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

By working out your maintenance calories you will be able to find out how many calories you need to take in daily to ensure you achieve your long term goals.

So, now you know your maintainence calories, take this number and subtract 250 to 500 away from it to leave yourself in a calorie deficit. This way, you are reducing your necessary calories to maintain your body weight to a level which will reduce your body weight.

Download the app: MyFitnessPal. This will be your best friend when it comes to tracking food. And trust me, this is really important.

So, you have your daily calorie intake. Take this number, for example: for me, mine is 2950. If I want to lose weight, I would subtract 250-500 away from this; making it around 2700. Now, you should have your own individual calorie intake. So, with this you can work out your proteins, carbs and fats.

Your proteins will need to be around 1 gram of protein per lbs of body weight. So take your body weight in lbs and work out this number. For me it is 165g of protein. Multiply this number by 4 and that is how many calories the protein will supply you with. Take this number away from your total calorie allowance (e.g. For me = 2700-660 = 2040.

2040 is the amount of calories you will have dedicated towards fats and carbs. And obviously you want to reduce your fats, so take your original number of total calories (e.g. 2700) and multiply this by 0.15 to 0.25 depending on how much of a percentage you want your diet to have fats. Once you have worked this number out, divide it by 9. So for me it would be 0.20 x 2700 = 540. So 540 of your calories will be fats, which is 60g of fat. (540/9 = 60)

So, so far you will know your numbers, for me these are 165g of Protein and 60g of fats. Equating to 660 + 540 calories, = 1200.

Now, take this away from your original daily calories, 2700-1200 = 1500. That's how many calories you will have dedicated towards carbs. Divide this by 4 and you will be consuming 375g carbs per day.

So for me it is: 165g,60g and 375g.
For you it will be whatever you work it out to be.

Track all of your food on myfitnesspal and look up for further help on YouTube.

wow
so diet is more important than exercise? why did i buy a gym membership then ?

You've not heard 'Muscles are made in the kitchen not gym'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
You've not heard 'Muscles are made in the kitchen not gym'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have but isnt that a myth?

so i dont need to go to the gym then ?
i have but isnt that a myth?

so i dont need to go to the gym then ?

How old are you?

It's common sense, and self explanatory :rolleyes:

If you go gym, and eat kebAbs every day, what is the outcome you think? (some would say it's fiine as you work it off, but everyday defeats the objective)

If you go gym and eat healthy & high protein food, what's the outcome?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
How old are you?

It's common sense, and self explanatory :rolleyes:

If you go gym, and eat kebAbs every day, what is the outcome you think? (some would say it's fiine as you work it off, but everyday defeats the objective)

If you go gym and eat healthy & high protein food, what's the outcome?

Posted from TSR Mobile

so gym is necessary too?
Ouch, savage

Quick Reply

Latest