The Student Room Group

Theory Test Question. HELP?!

A few weeks ago, a multiple choice question like 'What is the beacon colour of powered vehicles for disabled people?' came up in my theory test.
I can't remember the options anymore, but I just guessed.

Can anyone help to answer this question, so I can get it right next time, in case it comes up again?
Original post by Anonymous
A few weeks ago, a multiple choice question like 'What is the beacon colour of powered vehicles for disabled people?' came up in my theory test.

Can anyone help to answer this question, so I can get it right next time, in case it comes up again?

Amber:

https://www.gov.uk/mobility-scooters-and-powered-wheelchairs-rules/driving-on-the-road

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/rules-for-users-of-powered-wheelchairs-and-mobility-scooters-36-to-46
Rule 46

These vehicles MUST NOT be used on motorways (see Rule 253). They should not be used on unrestricted dual carriageways where the speed limit exceeds 50 mph (80 km/h) but if they are used on these dual carriageways, they MUST have a flashing amber beacon. A flashing amber beacon should be used on all other dual carriageways (see Rule 220).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Amber.
Reply 3
Thank you :smile:
Moved to Learning to drive.
Most non-emergency services beacons are amber. Doctors get green beacons. Emergency services (as you know) are blue
Reply 6
Thank god i didnt get this question... somehow i was lucky to get loads of practice questions but as above you could've solved it through cancellation by knowing the others
Original post by zayn008
Thank god i didnt get this question... somehow i was lucky to get loads of practice questions but as above you could've solved it through cancellation by knowing the others

i have never seen one of these vehicles using beacons and as i worked out on monday, even at college and working only 2 days a week i was covering 900 miles every week
Reply 8
Original post by Richard0328
i have never seen one of these vehicles using beacons and as i worked out on monday, even at college and working only 2 days a week i was covering 900 miles every week

It’s just one of those weird questions, it’s supposed to be for dual carriageways (otherwise it’s optional) but I don’t think any disabled person has the courage to use their mobility scooter at 8MPH on a road with cars & lorries going 50-70MPH lol. If OP read the Highway Code they should’ve been able to recall it (Rule 220).

im sure I’ve seen them down the high street with amber beacons but i’ve never seen a mobility scooter on the main roads. And wow, 900 miles a week, blimey that’s a a lot :zomg:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zayn008
It’s just one of those weird questions, it’s supposed to be for dual carriageways (otherwise it’s optional) but I don’t think any disabled person has the courage to use their mobility scooter at 8MPH on a road with cars & lorries going 50-70MPH lol. If OP read the Highway Code they should’ve been able to recall it (Rule 220).

im sure I’ve seen them down the high street with amber beacons but i’ve never seen a mobility scooter on the main roads. And wow, 900 miles a week, blimey that’s a a lot :zomg:

driving articulated trucks is paying my bills so i can do a lot of miles. even part-time plus holidays i must be easily hitting 50,000+ miles per year. college was a 50 miles round trip and work is a 40 mile round trip. it all adds up when you are in college for 5 days and working 2 days plus the mileage i did during those 2 days (just over 1100 kms in the truck)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending