The Student Room Group

How long for Pre-employment Checks with Civil Service

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snoopy26
Thanks - and if I told you that I'd have to kill you :wink:

So obviously not a work coach in the job centre!!!
Can anyone give me some advice - my checks are completed with Parity and I was wondering, what are the next stages of the on-boarding procedure?
Firstly wanted to say thank you to everybody on this forum as it has helped me in knowing that I am not the only person in this position.

Story so far:I accepted my provisional offer on the 21st of July (over 7 weeks now), the role is for a Project Manager based in Manchester but since my acceptance I have had no news other than receiving the DBS cert through the post, I emailed to ask if I should send the form to them but the response was that it is not required as my record was clear. None of my references have been approached so far. I was made redundant over 5 months ago and was hoping that I would be back into work till now, after accepting the HMRC position I have declined other opportunities and also stopped searching for any other roles as HMRC would be a great step in my career but this wait is really making me anxious and worried now.

Today I sent an email to the lady who was organizing the interviews to see if she can provide more info in regards to a timeframe as supporting the family is now becoming quite difficult.Would be great to know if anyone else has been offered the same role (IT Project Manager) as there were around 10 positions around the country and what their situation is.Thanks in Advance
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by -=|Jay|=-
Can anyone give me some advice - my checks are completed with Parity and I was wondering, what are the next stages of the on-boarding procedure?

Your line manager should now contact you and you will agree a start date. Civil Service HR will then send you a contract with your start date on for you to sign.
Original post by Sho01254
Firstly wanted to say thank you to everybody on this forum as it has helped me in knowing that I am not the only person in this position.

Story so far:I accepted my provisional offer on the 21st of July (over 7 weeks now), the role is for a Project Manager based in Manchester but since my acceptance I have had no news other than receiving the DBS cert through the post, I emailed to ask if I should send the form to them but the response was that it is not required as my record was clear. None of my references have been approached so far. I was made redundant over 5 months ago and was hoping that I would be back into work till now, after accepting the HMRC position I have declined other opportunities and also stopped searching for any other roles as HMRC would be a great step in my career but this wait is really making me anxious and worried now.

Today I sent an email to the lady who was organizing the interviews to see if she can provide more info in regards to a timeframe as supporting the family is now becoming quite difficult.Would be great to know if anyone else has been offered the same role (IT Project Manager) as there were around 10 positions around the country and what their situation is.Thanks in Advance

First of all dont worry i have just received my official email saying pre employment checks are satisfactory. I forwarded all my docs w/e of July 22/23 so quite a wait. I found the waiting so streesful like you but as i was informed they use outside agencies for occupational health (i have a disability) and dbs, which you have and i already had. Try and stay positive as you will soon get call/email.
Original post by Snoopy26
Your line manager should now contact you and you will agree a start date. Civil Service HR will then send you a contract with your start date on for you to sign.

Thanks, however, I haven't done anything regarding occupational health (I haven't been contacted about it at all) - my disclosure checks are all completed by parity however with the certificate having been returned and Parity has said they're done with me.

The department isn't responding a week after Parity confirmed they were done with me and I'm not really sure who to ask at this point.
Original post by pollyb42
First of all dont worry i have just received my official email saying pre employment checks are satisfactory. I forwarded all my docs w/e of July 22/23 so quite a wait. I found the waiting so streesful like you but as i was informed they use outside agencies for occupational health (i have a disability) and dbs, which you have and i already had. Try and stay positive as you will soon get call/email.

Thank You for the assurance. fingers crossed I hear something soon.

Update:
HMRC replied to my email for an update and assured me that the role is still active and available, they chased up HR who confirmed that the pre-emplyment checks are still on going but it is not just myself who is waiting, they cannot provide a start date as of yet as the checks need to complete first before they start the on boarding process.. At least its good to know that it is moving albeit quite slow. :-(
Update:
HMRC replied to my email for an update and assured me that the role is still active and available, they chased up HR who confirmed that the pre-emplyment checks are still on going but it is not just myself who is waiting, they cannot provide a start date as of yet as the checks need to complete first before they start the on boarding process.. At least its good to know that it is moving albeit quite slow. :-(

It is very frustrating as I began to think the offer was going to be withdrawn as time went on. I think if they gave you weekly updates, even if nothing to update, atleast you would feel that you havent been forgotten about. Good luck.
Good to have a positive update!

Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get the same letter. Have they given you a start date?
Original post by Chibicandi
Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get the same letter. Have they given you a start date?

Hi, i live in north east and the job (job centre) will be in oxfordshire so quite a hike. I have had two mobile call yesterday and today showing private number and no one there when answer. Thought possibly them as received official email that checks were done yesterday. I did speak to someone on the phone last week as they asked how long i will need to find a rental. I said approx one month but assume i wont receive any paperwork until i give provide a start date.
Reply 32
Whats the standard time frame to hear back from an interview with the civil service ? 3 weeks have passed and I've yet to hear anything, was told at interview I would hear asap.
Original post by acer88
Whats the standard time frame to hear back from an interview with the civil service ? 3 weeks have passed and I've yet to hear anything, was told at interview I would hear asap.
. Are you keep keep checking your cs account? From. Experience if a unsuccessful you can wait quite a while.
Original post by acer88

I got my feedback 2 weeks and a day after my interview, but I did chase up the hr contact who organised it during the second week as I had another job offer and she responded promptly with an offer.
Original post by acer88

My partner heard back about 3 weeks later to be put on the wait list then 2 weeks after that he got a provisional offer.
I have just had a provisional offer for an EO position, and have sent off my paperwork. I am currently on a paid suspension from work, l know that my suspension is without prejudice, but human nature is such that even the mere fact that a person is suspended they must be guilty.

I am extremely concerned that this will hamper my chances, and even though l know l am not guilty of any of the allegations laid before me, l would find it very difficult to return to work on a team will this sort of culture.

It was funny that these allegations were made after l told my supervisor l was going for an interview with the Civil Service.

I am considering speaking with my current HR department to talk about a settlement agreement to allow me to resign with a 'clean' reference rather than the stress of going through a possible hearing.

I am concerned that the provisional offer will get withdrawn.
Original post by Armymedic2016
I have just had a provisional offer for an EO position, and have sent off my paperwork. I am currently on a paid suspension from work, l know that my suspension is without prejudice, but human nature is such that even the mere fact that a person is suspended they must be guilty.
Maybe you should check procedure of your current employer whaat

I am extremely concerned that this will hamper my chances, and even though l know l am not guilty of any of the allegations laid before me, l would find it very difficult to return to work on a team will this sort of culture.

It was funny that these allegations were made after l told my supervisor l was going for an interview with the Civil Service.

I am considering speaking with my current HR department to talk about a settlement agreement to allow me to resign with a 'clean' reference rather than the stress of going through a possible hearing.

I am concerned that the provisional offer will get withdrawn.

Maybe you should check the procedure of your current employer for you leaving? I know my last one would only supply dates i worked there and no more. I feel yours will rely on personal ones as after i supplied mine i got emailed to supply two personal ones (i had already supplied one a bit before) which i assume was due to to 'dates only' from last employer. Dont worry too much. I think with provisional job offers it is so time taking we all become a bit paranoid that something is going to go wrong. Ive read lots of webpages about cs checks/waits and havent read one saying an offer withdrawn after provisional offer and remember, it does say 'satisfactory' checks. Good luch and sure all will come good very soon
Maybe you should check the procedure of your current employer for you leaving? I know my last one would only supply dates i worked there and no more. I feel yours will rely on personal ones as after i supplied mine i got emailed to supply two personal ones (i had already supplied one a bit before) which i assume was due to to 'dates only' from last employer. Dont worry too much. I think with provisional job offers it is so time taking we all become a bit paranoid that something is going to go wrong. Ive read lots of webpages about cs checks/waits and havent read one saying an offer withdrawn after provisional offer and remember, it does say 'satisfactory' checks. Good luch and sure all will come good very soon

Thank you Poll, that has reassured me. I'm a born worrier and overthink everything. I have been given a provisional start date in November. I am meeting with my union representative on Monday to discuss the matter with regard to my suspension
11 weeks now and still no update from the pre-employment checks. Really frustrating..:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending