The Student Room Group

Met this guy I like but don't know how to approach him again

I went to a society meeting at my school (these are only held twice a term at least) and we had to go into groups, so my friend and I were invited to this guy's group, probably because they didn't have enough people. I had seen him around school before but we obviously hadn't talked because he's 2 years older than me, we wouldn't have any reason to...
We have a discussion in our groups about the talks given in the society and I find myself (not sure what the best way to say this is...) charmed by his intelligence and good humour. Bear in mind, I am almost immediately attracted to intelligent, opinionated (but not brash) guys, so I found myself falling for him. We had a good discussion in the group but the topic that we had to discuss wasn't something I was particularly interested in so I didn't have much to say, but we chatted a bit.
I really want to get to know him better (even as a friend, especially since I think he has a gf) but I have no reason to approach him at all because of our year difference. It's unlikely that I'll ever be in the same position again as this society only has at most 5 more meetings this year, then he's leaving for uni or whatever.
I know there's not much advice anyone could give on this curious problem, but I think typing this out and submitting it on TSR will give me a bit more peace of mind if anything. (even if nobody has anything to say) If you read this, thanks I guess lol
Original post by chewy suarez
"if you read this,thanks I guess lol"
REALLY LADY! I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this ****.
I want my 2 minutes back.
P.s I would have been cool with it if you didn't write "I guess"

Dude if you wanna make good use of your time I DON'T recommend reading TSR threads about people's crushes.. I warned you in the title lol
Plus you could have commented advice if you felt THAT robbed of your time, contributions are always helpful
Original post by mundosinfin
Dude if you wanna make good use of your time I DON'T recommend reading TSR threads about people's crushes.. I warned you in the title lol
Plus you could have commented advice if you felt THAT robbed of your time, contributions are always helpful

1.Where was the warning in the title?
2. Make use if your time😂: You're the one posting on a STUDENT FORUM about your crush
3.Plus sheesh couldn't you tell that post was a joke? (Its rhetorical)
(edited 6 years ago)
I went to a society meeting at my school (these are only held twice a term at least) and we had to go into groups, so my friend and I were invited to this guy's group, probably because they didn't have enough people. I had seen him around school before but we obviously hadn't talked because he's 2 years older than me, we wouldn't have any reason to...
We have a discussion in our groups about the talks given in the society and I find myself (not sure what the best way to say this is...) charmed by his intelligence and good humour. Bear in mind, I am almost immediately attracted to intelligent, opinionated (but not brash) guys, so I found myself falling for him. We had a good discussion in the group but the topic that we had to discuss wasn't something I was particularly interested in so I didn't have much to say, but we chatted a bit.
I really want to get to know him better (even as a friend, especially since I think he has a gf) but I have no reason to approach him at all because of our year difference. It's unlikely that I'll ever be in the same position again as this society only has at most 5 more meetings this year, then he's leaving for uni or whatever.
I know there's not much advice anyone could give on this curious problem, but I think typing this out and submitting it on TSR will give me a bit more peace of mind if anything. (even if nobody has anything to say) If you read this, thanks I guess lol

Add him on facebook, follow him on insta or something
Reply 4
First find out if he is in a relationship and if not just walk up to him and say I enjoyed your company... or whatever and ask that you to be his friend, tbh you would rather be straight forward and direct than regret not having the confidence when you had the chance.
1.Where was the warning in the title?
2. Make use if your time😂: You're the one posting on a STUDENT FORUM about your crush
3.Plus sheesh couldn't you tell that post was a joke? (Its rhetorical)

Nah I'm not at all bothered, thanks for the concern.
1. The title LITERALLY SAID I met a "guy I like".. if that's the title I'd doubt that the thread would be about my A-level choices, or tips on uni life, or anything else for that matter of fact :smile:
2. You were the one who was pissed about wasting your time, I'm totally fine with using my time like this lololol

I realise you were joking but I didn't really see the humour I guess (oops I did it again)
Nah I'm not at all bothered, thanks for the concern.
1. The title LITERALLY SAID I met a "guy I like".. if that's the title I'd doubt that the thread would be about my A-level choices, or tips on uni life, or anything else for that matter of fact :smile:
2. You were the one who was pissed about wasting your time, I'm totally fine with using my time like this lololol

I realise you were joking but I didn't really see the humour I guess (oops I did it again)

Good luck getting that guy
Who is leaving for uni if I'm not wrong and 2 years older right?
nice:smile:

Btw you said tsr couldn't give more advice on the issue but you wanted peace if mind. Peace of mind for what?
Oh I know, in other words you want attention
(edited 6 years ago)
Hmm. This sort of situation sounds familiar and, yeah, is rather annoying. I think, at the very least, that you should...

Original post by Boredom101
Add him on facebook...

...and try striking up a conversation about... umm... perhaps something to do with one of the upcoming societies, or even where he's going for uni? Send a feeler out, so to speak.

To be completely honest I don't even expect to talk to him again.
He's leaving at the end of this school year, so if I were feeling brave, which I'm not, I still have a whole year lol
To be completely honest I don't even expect to talk to him again.
He's leaving at the end of this school year, so if I were feeling brave, which I'm not, I still have a whole year lol

What was the point of the thread then?
Your just counter arguing yourself (stupidly) because you're saying "I don't expect to talk to him" then "I have a whole year"
Nice common sense you got there

Btw you said tsr couldn't give more advice on the issue but you wanted peace if mind. Peace of mind for what?
Oh I know, in other words you want attention

Dude seriously you're getting annoying, I never asked for attention, I posted this under RELATIONSHIP ADVICE so it's pretty clear I wanted ADVICE. Even so, when I said it gave me peace of mind, it's not people's replies that give me that, it's the fact that I've got this thing that's been bothering me for a little while off my chest, and even though I didn't do so to anyone irl, venting helped me. Don't expect to see into other people's minds. Just leave it be
Dude seriously you're getting annoying, I never asked for attention, I posted this under RELATIONSHIP ADVICE so it's pretty clear I wanted ADVICE. Even so, when I said it gave me peace of mind, it's not people's replies that give me that, it's the fact that I've got this thing that's been bothering me for a little while off my chest, and even though I didn't do so to anyone irl, venting helped me. Don't expect to see into other people's minds. Just leave it be

Leave what be?
I'm not the one throwing a tantrum
Plus I hope I helped with giving that peace of mind
What was the point of the thread then?
Your just counter arguing yourself (stupidly) because you're saying "I don't expect to talk to him" then "I have a whole year"
Nice common sense you got there

Do I really have to spell this out? I don't expect to talk to him, but IF I WERE TO TALK TO HIM, I would have a year. I was just clarifying the situation.
Leave what be?
I'm not the one throwing a tantrum
Plus I hope I helped with giving that peace of mind

Yeah you totally did! Thanks so much
If you don't have a reason to approach him, FIND a reason to approach him. Could be asking for his help with something, could just be that you've chatted before so you go up to him and say hi, because that's socially the normal thing to do.

REALLY LADY! I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this ****.

Took me about 30 seconds. You're slow AF m8 :tongue:
Yeah you totally did! Thanks so much

You're welcome
#Socialmeetingsrule
Basically find a reason to talk to him outside of the society, maybe for 30 minutes over lunch or something like that. That could be a good time to find out if he's single or not. Then just go from there.. basically.

Use the excuse of asking him about how he made his university choices and where he plans to finally attend.

This should be a good excuse of starting a conversation without you appearing as if you are approaching him and should lead to discussing other things.

After that, you now know each other because you have chatted. From then, you can start saying "hi".

When he is about to go to university, ask to stay in touch because you want to know if his approach of uni selection was good. Get his number and social media contacts then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending