The Student Room Group

Help

I have a half a btech extended diploma science, two Alevels English and art, I had to take the btech in replacement of Alevel history which I previously failed. I am 18 and I can't go to a good uni because of this. Next year after A2 I want to take an extra Alevel, that being chemistry or biology as I want to get into nutrition. Is it possible to do nutrition at a uni with half a btech and an a level in biology or chemistry? Help :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TaylerGS
I have a half a btech extended diploma science, two Alevels English and art, I had to take the btech in replacement of Alevel history which I previously failed. I am 18 and I can't go to a good uni because of this. Next year after A2 I want to take an extra Alevel, that being chemistry or biology as I want to get into nutrition. Is it possible to do nutrition at a uni with half a btech and an a level in biology or chemistry? Help :smile:

You need to check the entrance requirements for the uni you are applying to as they all have different policies.

There is also overlap between your A level and btec. best contact them now and they can tell you what they will consider acceptable.

Examples to show you how they differ.

Nottingham

A level offerABB-BBB

Required subjectsat least two science-based subjects at A level (biology or chemistry preferred; other science subject can be applied science, food technology, geography, home economics, IT, maths, physical education, physics or psychology), and an additional A level or equivalent. We may also consider ABC depending on predicted grades in specific subjects.

Surrey
A-level

Overall: ABB.
Required Subjects: Biology and a second science or Mathematics. Applicants taking the Science Practical Endorsement are required to pass.
GCSE or Equivalent: English and Mathematics grade C (4).

Middlesex

Qualifications
We accept applications from students with a wide range of qualifications and a combination of qualifications. Please refer to the table below for our typical offers for this course.
Typical offers for this course:

A Levels two or more subjects
C grade in Biology or Chemistry plus another Science or Technology A-level
BBC
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma minimum two, maximum three subjects in a course containing a significant amount of science
DMM
Reply 2
Thankyou!
'
Original post by TaylerGS

Hello Tayler,

Great to hear that you are interested in studying Nutrition :smile:
Here at Middlesex we accept mixed qualifications! To make sure, just send an e-mail to [email protected], they will be able to help you!

We are also running an Open Day on the 25th of November, if you want to come and have a look at our beautiful campus: www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays.

Have you got any other questions?
I hope to see you in November!

Have a great day
Ludovica

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending