The Student Room Group

My personality pushes people away?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elisabeth1
Do they ask for your opinion in those situations? If not, then that is the reason they don't like your opinion. Try and be aware of other people's needs. Do they really care about your opinion at that time?

Yeah, my opinion is asked which I don't understand because if you wanted an honest answer then you should be able to handle an honest answer. It's weird.
Original post by Anonymous
*sigh* people like us aren't appreciated and people seem to prefer people who are fake. I read an interesting quote saying that honesty has a power very few people can handle and I think it's very accurate.

Welp, think of it this way. Those who accept you will become your mates for life and you know they accept the REAL you, not some fake azz personality you made up that convenient for them. I made 3 good friends so far that I know accept me for my real personality and character. Took a dam long time but I think it was deffo worth it.
So, I am probably the most honest and most loyal person you will EVER meet. Honestly, I am so honest and loyal that even if I want to, I cannot stop. I also have a very outgoing personality and I genuinely love debating. My main circle of friends currently is telling me that my honesty is not what they want to hear and basically, I'm too harsh and I put people down. I'm the type of person who will be brutal to your face and say what others say behind your back and I'm the type of person who praise you and say good things behind your back. I don't understand what to do because apparently I can be intimidating and I don't know how to take this. The thing is, me and my friends are really close and we have been friends for over four years. So what do I do? I understand that honesty and loyalty are two features that are more appreciated once people are wiser.

You're right, they're wrong. I like straight talking people. In fact, I'm one myself :smile:

Come to think of it, I also don't have too many mates....
Original post by JDieMstr
Welp, think of it this way. Those who accept you will become your mates for life and you know they accept the REAL you, not some fake azz personality you made up that convenient for them. I made 3 good friends so far that I know accept me for my real personality and character. Took a dam long time but I think it was deffo worth it.

I cling on to this hope
Original post by mrwb9876
You're right, they're wrong. I like straight talking people. In fact, I'm one myself :smile:

Come to think of it, I also don't have too many mates....

I don't know why people want honesty but then when they have it they can't deal with it
I don't know why people want honesty but then when they have it they can't deal with it

Couldn't agree more, society sucks.
I don't think asking myself that works with me because I prefer honesty above all, I'll just have to try and tone it down.
Ah, I'll take that advice, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending