The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing

Hi

I have an Undergraduate Degree in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Child Social Development.

Would I get funding for a second Undergraduate Degree in Mental Health Nursing? I saw on a previous thread about ELQ but not sure if I would be eligible as my Masters Degree is higher.

Sorry I couldn’t reply to the previous thread for whatever reason.

Thanks!
Original post by Jesska xD
Hi

I have an Undergraduate Degree in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Child Social Development.

Would I get funding for a second Undergraduate Degree in Mental Health Nursing? I saw on a previous thread about ELQ but not sure if I would be eligible as my Masters Degree is higher.

Thanks!

As it's exempt from the usual rules you should be fine, some universities do funded accelerated postgraduate degrees, you might be able to do one of those due to your previous study.
Hi

Thanks!

Hi Jesska xD,

NHS designated courses are also ELQ exception courses. This rule still applies when a student holds a qualification higher than their new course, for example a Masters qualification.

Thanks Rona
Reply 3
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Jesska xD,

NHS designated courses are also ELQ exception courses. This rule still applies when a student holds a qualification higher than their new course, for example a Masters qualification.

Thanks Rona

Thanks Rona.

Also I’m 25 and have lived away from my parents since I was 18. My postgraduate course was part-time so I also worked full-time and I wasn’t financially dependent on my parents but I did have a Career Development Loan for the first year (was only £1500)

My question is.... how would SFE assess my income for the loan/grant? My current job is £20,600 per year (gross) but I won’t be working if I study. I also don’t have a partner.

If I started in 2018, I would have been working full-time for 3 years.

Thanks 🙂
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks Rona.

Also I’m 25 and have lived away from my parents since I was 18. My postgraduate course was part-time so I also worked full-time and I wasn’t financially dependent on my parents but I did have a Career Development Loan for the first year (was only £1500)

My question is.... how would SFE assess my income for the loan/grant? My current job is £20,600 per year (gross) but I won’t be working if I study. I also don’t have a partner.

If I started in 2018, I would have been working full-time for 3 years.

Thanks 🙂

Hi Jesska xD,

You only need supply evidence of three years self support if you are under the age of 25, before the start of your academic year and looking to be assessed as independent.

You will be pleased to know as you are 25 years old, you will automatically be assessed as independent.

Only unearned income is asked for on the application.

If you are a full time student, no unearned income, not married or living with a partner, you will be assessed on a zero income, any student part time work or summer jobs will not be used in the assessment.

To give you an idea how much you may be entitled to, here is a link to the calculator

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending