The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well done on getting great feedback from your assignment! :king1: And I'm sure you would have done nice things for others today, just hard to sometimes pinpoint them :penguinhug:
Original post by CoolCavy
26/10/18

What I'm grateful for today
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hard to think of one
i guess that my housemate is great at unblocking the kitchen sink

A random act of kindness I've done
can't really think of one tbh, terrible human. I guess that i made an effort with people on the course and smiled and talked to them even though i felt depressive and just wanted to be alone but that isn't really 'kindness' so idk

A random act of kindness someone has done for me
Someone said they wished they could draw like me. Also i did my morph grid wrong (dont ask what that is i cba to explain :hide:) because i thought it was A3 divided by 40 but it was actually 42 and someone helped me redo it

Something I could improve on
Actually doing my laundry, keep stuffing it in my cupboard and hoping it will go away (i dont like doing my washing not because im lazy but cos it hurts my hands the washing powder). Also not getting so annoyed with things, stuff just stacks up in my head throughout the day and by the end of it im just ready to explode. Again sleep but sleep is just a given for me, i wont keep repeating it because my sleep has been awful for a year and a half and if i could have improved it i would have done so by now.

What I've achieved today/Things I did well
was yesterday but i got really good feedback on my first submission :colondollar: the tutors here are brutally honest so to get no negative feedback and all positive comments was something i was chuffed with :blushing:

What I've done to look after my mental health
filled in the HCthing form with the help of @Airmed and @Deyesy, im classing this as something for my MH as it is so i can afford antidepressants (because tbh if im not eligible the stress of paying for them will just make me come off them) and also because paying for prescriptions is one of the things making me dread my birthday (ik im that sad) so if i can get a HCthing then that would make me be less worried about being 19

Something I have to look forward to
i dont know, probably the weekend because i need to sleep (idk how i did school tbh lmao, idk how i did 7+ hours a day just 2 hours of uni is exhausting enough to make me want to go home)

prosm :lovehug:

:five: Well done on your feedback. :woo:
Reply 22
Always here for you :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done on getting great feedback from your assignment! :king1: And I'm sure you would have done nice things for others today, just hard to sometimes pinpoint them :penguinhug:

Thank you :hugs: well i guess i unblocked the sink just then, although one day our sink is probably going to explode in a foam of caustic soda but something has to dissolve all the solid food waste people keep putting down there ;_;

Original post by Pathway
:five: Well done on your feedback. :woo:

thank you pathway :hugs:

Original post by Airmed
Always here for you :hugs:

likewise to you :lovehug:
:hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories

27/10/18

That i am in my room and i can sleep in a moment

Let a boy in my class borrow marker pen for the lesson because he had the wrong colour (bear in mind these pens are expensive :angel:)

Someone waited for me and walked into campus with me :smile: also one of the tutors on the course (that doesnt teach me) said they had heard about some of my work in a good way from the tutor that does teach me so that was nice

MH stuff that i dont want to go into

Was really flying in the lesson, am pleased with what i produced think it is the best stuff i have done so far and actually had a good time in the lesson. Also because i got it done so fast in the lesson means i dont have anything to do for that module this week.

Posted the HC form, hope im eligible having spent an entire 56p on that stamp, at least it was the peel back ones and not the lick ones that i always end up just having to pritt stick down

sleeping imminently, having naps is always a bit dodgy because often have worse nightmares in naps and most of the time i have an anxiety attack its waking up from napping but i really need to sleep

hilarious :colonhash:

Spoiler

27/10/18

Let a boy in my class borrow marker pen for the lesson because he had the wrong colour (bear in mind these pens are expensive :angel:)

Someone waited for me and walked into campus with me :smile: also one of the tutors on the course (that doesnt teach me) said they had heard about some of my work in a good way from the tutor that does teach me so that was nice

Was really flying in the lesson, am pleased with what i produced think it is the best stuff i have done so far and actually had a good time in the lesson. Also because i got it done so fast in the lesson means i dont have anything to do for that module this week.

Posted the HC form, hope im eligible having spent an entire 56p on that stamp, at least it was the peel back ones and not the lick ones that i always end up just having to pritt stick down

sleeping imminently, having naps is always a bit dodgy because often have worse nightmares in naps and most of the time i have an anxiety attack its waking up from napping but i really need to sleep

hilarious :colonhash:

Spoiler

Sounds mostly positive! Have a good sleep :h:
Been wanting to do this for a while, not the fresher's blog as such but just have another little blog thing going as i find it helpful to mark down things in stages so i know where i'm at. I liked my little accidental A level one and I've tried diaries and word logs on my computer but it always feels a bit hollow talking to yourself so. Didn't know where to put this tbh, could have put it in GYG but tbh (this will probably sound terrible) my 'grades' (since we dont have grades in first year, or marks actually) don't really need growing (academic stuff has always been the one thing im kind of constant at and do well at even though my MH is terrible so im not sure how that works), obviously i can always improve but the main thing holding me back from the whole 'uni experience' is mental stuff so that is what i am trying to work on (probably spent the same amount of time in MH appointments since i have been here as everyone else has spent in pubs and bars). So this probably could have been in Mental Health but i figure i clog up that forum enough as it is anyway :hide:

I am due to start therapy soon (say soon but am on a waiting list so how soon soon actually is is anyone's guess) and i am also on antidepressants for depression and apparently because it will help my anxiety as well. These haven't been nice but i'm not going to talk about that at length right now. This is one of the main reason's for doing this as i don't want free pizza (@CheeseIsVeg :emo:) but i would like to get into a somewhat slightly more positive frame of mind before therapy starts so i can get the most out of it. @The_Lonely_Goatherd's blog is something which i have always found very inspirational so taking the rough format from that:

23/10/18

Grateful that so far this illness hasn't turned into a chest infection *touch wood* haven't got a temperature yet so :crossedf:

Told someone inrl how proud and happy for them i was (because i am)

my pans went 'missing' so my housemate called a housemeeting to try and get them back (a 'panhunt' :mmm:). My pans have now been located (albeit in another uni accommodation) so hopefully they shall be returned to me shortly. @Deyesy and @ParadoxSocks have also been very nice to me today

Things I did well
um not much, took a bath for the first time in 3 days at 4am this morning if that counts

sleep, not sleeping well at all

What I've achieved today
done some more of my uni work for the first module

taken my pills even though i didnt want to?

need to think about that one more

That's it really, this won't interest probably 99% of the tsr population but tagged some people who might be interested

Spoiler

will probably forget i have made this tomorrow since the only reason im awake is that i feel very ill and most things i do at 2am i forget i have done the next day. Was going to do this at some point and figured that not being able to breathe through your mucus was as good a time as any :sick:

Hey Cavy. Good luck. I don't know if you remember me but when I first used TSR you were one of the first people that have helped me(specifically for GCSE English), so I would like to thank you, and wish you the very best at university. Hang in there! I'm glad things are better for you now.
Good luck :smile:
I didn't realise you'd already sone some posts! :zomg:
25/10/18

A random act of kindness
I've done this is always hard to think of because i dont think i ever do anything for anyone, always think im a burden so its hard to think of things. Am planning to do little halloween cards for my housemates and post them under their doors but havent actually done that yet

nothing, might take that one out really cos for someone who worries so much i live very day to day as it's hard to get through one day so i never really look forward to anything

That sounds like a lovely thing to do for your roommates! :yy:

I think it's a good one to have in there really... you could be looking forward to getting another day out of the way or looking forward to what the new day may bring? :dontknow:

26/10/18

i got really good feedback on my first submission :colondollar: the tutors here are brutally honest so to get no negative feedback and all positive comments was something i was chuffed with :blushing:

Wow, super proud of you Cavy! Sounds like your first submission was fantastic! :proud: :h:

27/10/18

Aww all in all, this sounds like a great day! You helping that boy was great and it sounds like the work you're doing is really good! :star:
Still here for you if you need with the MH stuff :heart: :hugs:
Thank you :hugs: well i guess i unblocked the sink just then, although one day our sink is probably going to explode in a foam of caustic soda but something has to dissolve all the solid food waste people keep putting down there ;_;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0753F6QYJ/ref=dp_sp_detail?psc=1

I have something similar to this in my kitchen and, yes it's gross to empty, but better than trying to unblock a clogged sink all the time. :smile:

Nice blog btw! :five:
(edited 6 years ago)
Sounds mostly positive! Have a good sleep :h:

Original post by Blackstarr
Good luck :smile:

Thanks guys :grouphugs:

Original post by Blancosdos
Hey Cavy. Good luck. I don't know if you remember me but when I first used TSR you were one of the first people that have helped me(specifically for GCSE English), so I would like to thank you, and wish you the very best at university. Hang in there! I'm glad things are better for you now.

remember you :jumphug: dont remember about GCSE english though :colondollar: glad i could be of service in some way though :redface: thank you so much, wish you all the best as well you have always been lovely :hugs:

Original post by Matrix123
I didn't realise you'd already sone some posts! :zomg:

That sounds like a lovely thing to do for your roommates! :yy:

I think it's a good one to have in there really... you could be looking forward to getting another day out of the way or looking forward to what the new day may bring? :dontknow:

Wow, super proud of you Cavy! Sounds like your first submission was fantastic! :proud: :h:

Aww all in all, this sounds like a great day! You helping that boy was great and it sounds like the work you're doing is really good! :star:
Still here for you if you need with the MH stuff :heart: :hugs:

Thank you for always being so lovely to me matrix, appreciate your support tonnes :lovehug:

Original post by Sabertooth
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0753F6QYJ/ref=dp_sp_detail?psc=1

I have something similar to this in my kitchen and, yes it's gross to empty, but better than trying to unblock a clogged sink all the time. :smile:

Nice blog btw! :five:

omg what a nifty product :eek: thanks sabertooth :hugs: tbh wish people would just use some common sense and not put bits of solid carrots in the sink ;_;
and thank you :hugs:
28/10/18

honestly i dont feel that grateful today, feel fed up tbh

nothing since i havent seen or spoken to anyone all day

nothing for the same reasons as above

Things I did well/What I've achieved today
did my laundry in the sink like the grown adult i am, also showered and finished 40 design sketches (only 160 left to do by wednesday :smile:)

eating properly (i.e not ignoring what the doctor told me to do) and sleeping better (which is a bit hard when you have 3 nightmares in one day but anyway)

nothing really, havent even taken my pills (it is plural because one is for something different) will take them when i can be bothered. Was going to go for a walk in the woods but had to do this work

literally nothing
:jumphug:

Thanks TLG :hugs: hope you are ok x

Thank you for always being so lovely to me matrix, appreciate your support tonnes :lovehug:

You don't need to thank me for something like that! :heart:
28/10/18

nothing since i havent seen or spoken to anyone all day

Things I did well/What I've achieved today
did my laundry in the sink like the grown adult i am, also showered and finished 40 design sketches (only 160 left to do by wednesday :smile:)

eating properly (i.e not ignoring what the doctor told me to do) and sleeping better (which is a bit hard when you have 3 nightmares in one day but anyway)

literally nothing

Have you done an act of kindness towards yourself at all? Maybe not overworking your self or even staying motivated and hard working to help with your work in the long run? :dontknow:

*reads about 40 sketches* :eek:
*reads about 160 sketches left...* :eek3:
Yet... you seem so calm about it :toofunny: (you keep up that great work :work: )

That's a very good point to improve on, hope that goes well :yy:

As for what you're looking forward to... planning on watching anything or cooking up something nice tomorrow? :h:
:hugs: my inbox / phone is always open to you my friend. :jumphug:
Original post by Matrix123
You don't need to thank me for something like that! :heart:

Have you done an act of kindness towards yourself at all? Maybe not overworking your self or even staying motivated and hard working to help with your work in the long run? :dontknow:

*reads about 40 sketches* :eek:
*reads about 160 sketches left...* :eek3:
Yet... you seem so calm about it :toofunny: (you keep up that great work :work: )

That's a very good point to improve on, hope that goes well :yy:

As for what you're looking forward to... planning on watching anything or cooking up something nice tomorrow? :h:

awww matrix you are so lovely :hugs:
not really tbh :redface: my acts of kindness to myself are only things like showering etc
lmao im not acc calm :rofl: tbh im not entirely sure i can get it all done but will try :redface:
Thank you matrix :hugs:
and not really :redface: and trying to eat as little as possible
i am so negative today i apologise :getmecoat:
sorry to hear you have so much uni work btw :console:

Original post by Midnightmemories
:hugs: my inbox / phone is always open to you my friend. :jumphug:

Thank you MNM :cube: you are very sweet

Latest

Trending

Trending