The Student Room Group

Why don't I have a boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
No one’s insisting women make the first move. They’re just advising OP specifically that if she’s not getting approached for whatever reason, then there’s no shame in making the first move herself. No one owes OP a date; she’s not entitled to something just because of her sex. The same applies to guys who whine about not getting dates.

I have seen plenty of guys here insist me and other women, not only the OP to approach guys first *sigh*
I just think many men are lazy and expect women to do all the work. If there are a lot of guys that approach then women shouldn't have to IMO. It's just traditional...that doesn't mean OP is entitled.
Original post by Tango_1771
No...but can we all stop posting on this thread because the notifications are getting annoying

then why did you make the thread? A bit silly don't you think...
Original post by loveleest
I have seen plenty of guys here insist me and other women, not only the OP to approach guys first *sigh*
I just think many men are lazy and expect women to do all the work. If there are a lot of guys that approach then women shouldn't have to IMO. It's just traditional...that doesn't mean OP is entitled.

stop this agenda.
Original post by trapking
stop this agenda.

Lmao😂 but I am not lying at all and you know it.
Guys on here can deny is all they want but they know the truth deep down😩

If you’re not getting asked out, then make the first move. Stop whining about guys not making an effort when 99% of the time, they’re still expected to do so. You can call it “traditional” if you like, but entitlement is always unattractive. I personally respect those who are willing to take the initiate in whatever they do, regardless of sex. LOL’d at men being “lazy”. I’m not going to dignify that with a response. Honestly, some of you entitled women remind me of the so-called “nice guys” online who whine in a similar manner.
Lmao😂 but I am not lying at all and you know it.
Guys on here can deny is all they want but they know the truth deep down😩

No. You're acting like all the women on this earth are entitled to get approached first and if men don't approach it is therefore an insult to the female population.

So stop this nonsense now. Women can approach if they want to....just because it's "traditional" doesn't mean it's bad if a woman does it. A guy will approach if he wants to approach same with a woman. End of story.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
If you’re not getting asked out, then make the first move. Stop whining about guys not making an effort when 99% of the time, they’re still expected to do so. You can call it “traditional” if you like, but entitlement is always unattractive. I personally respect those who are willing to take the initiate in whatever they do, regardless of sex. LOL’d at men being “lazy”. I’m not going to dignify that with a response. Honestly, some of you entitled women remind me of the so-called “nice guys” online who whine in a similar manner.

Nope. Definitely not entitled. As a girl that hardly ever gets asked out/approached by guys it is frustrating so I see where OP is coming from. I always thought that if guys were really interested in a girl then he would have the confidence to approach her. I just feel like a girl doing the chasing is just...weird. Eventually you will end up feeling unwanted.
Original post by trapking
No. You're acting like all the women on this earth are entitled to get approached first and if men don't approach it is therefore an insult to the female population.

So stop this nonsense now. Women can approach if they want to....just because it's "traditional" doesn't mean it's bad if a woman does it. A guy will approach if he wants to approach same with a woman. End of story.

So if a women doesn't want to approach a guy the only option would be the stay single? What kind of nonsense is that?
So if a women doesn't want to approach a guy the only option would be the stay single? What kind of nonsense is that?

Awwh boo hoo, the guy is SO evil/bad/lazy/(insert any bad word) for not wanting to approach a woman. Omg men are SO trash...

Listen to yourself rn seriously :lol:

Sometimes you have to make the first move, guys aren't always going to make the first move. For example an acquaintance of mine who has been married to his wife for 10 years....SHE made the first move to make him notice her and the rest is history. So stop moaning and spouting this b.s.
Nope. Definitely not entitled. As a girl that hardly ever gets asked out/approached by guys it is frustrating so I see where OP is coming from. I always thought that if guys were really interested in a girl then he would have the confidence to approach her. I just feel like a girl doing the chasing is just...weird. Eventually you will end up feeling unwanted.

Entitlement: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

No one cares if entitlement frustrates you. There’s nothing special about your XX chromosomes. Again, change your mentality or you’ll end up on r/incels: https://www.reddit.com/r/Incels/

Erm, yes, your Highness? If a guy doesn’t want to approach anyone and isn’t getting asked out, then he’s no more entitled to dating than you are. Jesus Christ, just listen to yourself :lol:

Why do you think you're entitled to a guy approaching you? It doesn't even make any sense, you can't be mad about them not approaching/asking you out if you're not putting in the any real effort ffs. Stop being a mental midget.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 52
Why does the girl have to make the first move all the time nowadays?

They don't.

Don't try switch things around now.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Yes, it is racist. Just because it is implicit (rather than something the racist 'decided' to discriminate against) doesn't reduce that fact.

No it isn't. It is a fact that people identify more with people like themselves. You're not seeing any race as more or less superior - you just merely have more of a sexual inclination to members of a particular race. You do it too so don't pretend you don't.
Because you are unique.
It's common nowadays to have a boyfriend. Plus having a boyfriend means having the chances of having your heartbroken also.
You don't have to be worried. When time will come, you will get one.
There is always someone made for us....
Be patience.
Carpe diem your bae.
Reply 56

Absolutely. Delusional entitled feminists deserve to stay single forever. No-one owes you ****. It goes both ways.
Original post by generallee
Maybe because you are a racist??

People are people. You can find love whatever the skin colour of the other person.

Racism is extremely unattractive to the opposite sex. It is to your own sex too, actually.

That isn't racism. Not being attracted to people of a certain race isn't racist. If it was, that would make everyone who wasn't pansexual a sexist. That said, broadening your horizons is always good.
Original post by Tango_1771
Fff

There is something called FIFA 😂 does that answer your question ?
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
*bisexual

But yes, everyone is sexist to a certain extent.

You only need to look at how many parents give their daughters barbie dolls, while giving their sons proper ****.

Not an expert, but pretty sure pansexual includes genderfluid and agender people whereas bisexual is simply being attracted to both binary genders.

To an extent maybe. But in my opinion that's more of a problem of the toy industry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending