The Student Room Group

I feel like I’m going to be single forever...

Hi..
So, i’ve been single for a really long time, coming up to 4 years now i think. I have had mini flings here and there since, but I haven’t have anything proper. I keep running into a wall with the people I meet, where I find out they have a girlfriend or I realise I wasn’t really into them or vice versa. I know that the main problem is that I dont really go out often... I’m quite the homebody lol. But that makes it quite hard to meet people. Tinder is the worst lol. It’s just that, a lot of the people I know from highschool are now married or have kids or healthy relationships and then theres me... who barely has friends. I don’t understand why I keep finding the bad type of guys that just want some coochie🤦🏽*♀️

Thank you for listening to me rant... any ideas on what to do?

Scroll to see replies

"coochie"
That's a new one
Reply 2
I’m a guy and I feel exactly the same :frown:
Original post by kayjayxo

So, i’ve been single for a really long time, coming up to 4 years now i think.

[video="youtube;0tdsL4kvp_I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I[/video]

You call that a long time? Most of the userbase of this site have been single their entire lives.
e harmony or just make more friends and find guys who actually have some common sense and men who you find acceptable to you. don't worry you'll find him one day just wait. sorry if i don't care for punctuation and grammar
The ting goes skrrrra. pa pa Ka Ka ka
skibikih pa pa and a poom poom drrrrm boom
Skiyaaa...dun dun kun kun tun tun
>4 years
>going to be single forever

Have you considered the following viewpoint?

1. People have been attracted to you before
2. There is something attractive about myself
3. I will attract other people eventually

Even if you're "quite a homebody" you'll meet random ***** eventually on the rare occasions in which you do meet a person.
What's wrong with being single? Pursue your goals and eventually you will meet someone, while doing what you love, who is right for you. I feel like that would be the best way to also meet people with common interests. So I guess what I am trying to say is just go with the flow.
(edited 6 years ago)
papa do be da pa pa
Reply 11
Original post by creamy pussy
"coochie"
That's a new one

hahahah, is it? I use it every time i'm trying to be less obscene
Reply 12
Original post by 408655
I’m a guy and I feel exactly the same :frown:

:frown:
look op i didnt bother reading your post, but just know that nice guys finish last, alright
this aint no disney cartoon where the good guy gets the gal
y'all gotta be a downright foaming-at-the-mouth pussy hunter
go for the pussy op
Reply 14
Original post by awkwardshortguy
[video="youtube;0tdsL4kvp_I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I[/video]

You call that a long time? Most of the userbase of this site have been single their entire lives.

I didn't look at it like that honestly. It just seems like everywhere I go there are cute couples surrounding me, on instagram I can't ignore it, it makes it seem like literally everyone got their boo and left me behind lol

Sorry if i offended you or any other user.
depends why. Are you the person who wants a nice and caring hearted boy and intelligent but at the same time wants him to be 6 foot tall with massive packs? Or do you not have high expectations like this and just want a good boy? If its the second one, don't worry, you'll find one soon, just go out sometimes and start making small conversations, get their phone number, etc and speak to someone on a regular basis. You'll eventually find one. if it's the first one, then you wont.
Reply 16
Original post by Crimson101
e harmony or just make more friends and find guys who actually have some common sense and men who you find acceptable to you. don't worry you'll find him one day just wait. sorry if i don't care for punctuation and grammar

thankyou for the advice :tongue:

I think i'm socially awkward? Back in highschool and college it was so fricken easy for me to make friends, and now in University, im struggling. I dont really "click" with anyone... and I'm always afraid that I'm annoying them so I sort of push myself out of the conversation and find an excuse to leave. Anyway thats a whole nother problem.

Guys with common sense, please come forward:biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Retired_Messiah
>4 years
>going to be single forever

Have you considered the following viewpoint?

1. People have been attracted to you before
2. There is something attractive about myself
3. I will attract other people eventually

Even if you're "quite a homebody" you'll meet random ***** eventually on the rare occasions in which you do meet a person.

I guess that's what they call fate:biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by PhilandTheo
What's wrong with being single? Pursue your goals and eventually you will meet someone, while doing what you love, who is right for you. I feel like that would be the best way to also meet people with common interests. So I guess what I am trying to say is just go with the flow.

Yeah I think thats a good thing to do. It's just times when I just want a cuddle and I can't get, and I realise how lonely I am lol. Thankyou for the lovely advice
Reply 19
Original post by Inkswell
look op i didnt bother reading your post, but just know that nice guys finish last, alright
this aint no disney cartoon where the good guy gets the gal
y'all gotta be a downright foaming-at-the-mouth pussy hunter
go for the pussy op

LOL

If only this advice actually worked for women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending