The Student Room Group

Will top universities accept me if I have high first year grades but low GCSE grades

I have decided to go back to university and I am looking at entry requirements for physiotherapy, the top universities want Grade B in GCSE subjects but I only have Grade C and B, if I get high marks in my first year of university l, will I be accepted into a higher ranking university or will they not accept me because I don’t meet the GCSE entry requirement
Original post by JerryA
I have decided to go back to university and I am looking at entry requirements for physiotherapy, the top universities want Grade B in GCSE subjects but I only have Grade C and B, if I get high marks in my first year of university l, will I be accepted into a higher ranking university or will they not accept me because I don’t meet the GCSE entry requirement

Very few universities will accept transfer applicants for a course like physiotherapy. Numbers are limited by placements available so there’s unlikely to be spaces available in later years.

You might want to ask them directly about transferring into first year and whether gcse requirements would be strictly enforced. I would doubt that they would overlook gcse requirements but it’s best to check with them directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending