The Student Room Group

Can someone read this...

Okay so i recently got my braces off and i had a dark grayish front tooth i asked my dentist and she told me it was "dead" due to trauma and i need internal bleaching she told me to wait it out because apparently im to young(btw im 15) .so i did.

no one even realized until 3 weeks later that my front tooth was grey. I came home from school and burst out in to tears at this point i actually wanted my braces back to cover my front tooth ,the people i once called friend actually told everyone saying i got a "grey tooth" ,word spread around so fast my whole year knows now my friend well not anymore told me "to brush my teeth so the grey bit can go away"and now all the girls in my year keep coming up to me and telling me to "smile" and my other friend(another fake) said "who here has a grey tooth putting me in a really awkward position i wanted to say something back but words weren't coming out of my mouth and plus she just stare at my mouth and laugh at it alongside with all her other friends(fake too)i feel so humiliated and embarrassed i dont want to go back to school but i have to because im in year 11.All i wanna do is cry cry cry(but i try not to) honestly when someone is fake they forget all the good things you do for them.

Anyways can someone please share some advice x
Original post by k0zaf
Okay so i recently got my braces off and i had a dark grayish front tooth i asked my dentist and she told me it was "dead" due to trauma and i need internal bleaching she told me to wait it out because apparently im to young(btw im 15) .so i did.

no one even realized until 3 weeks later that my front tooth was grey. I came home from school and burst out in to tears at this point i actually wanted my braces back to cover my front tooth ,the people i once called friend actually told everyone saying i got a "grey tooth" ,word spread around so fast my whole year knows now my friend well not anymore told me "to brush my teeth so the grey bit can go away"and now all the girls in my year keep coming up to me and telling me to "smile" and my other friend(another fake) said "who here has a grey tooth putting me in a really awkward position i wanted to say something back but words weren't coming out of my mouth and plus she just stare at my mouth and laugh at it alongside with all her other friends(fake too)i feel so humiliated and embarrassed i dont want to go back to school but i have to because im in year 11.All i wanna do is cry cry cry(but i try not to) honestly when someone is fake they forget all the good things you do for them.

Anyways can someone please share some advice x

Wow. That's pretty horrid behaviour. :frown:

This will not last forever, as your dentist has said, because internal bleaching will remedy the grey.

In the meantime, rather than trying to hide the tooth, hold your head high and simply act normal as if nothing in the world is wrong - even when being teased.

That way, you don't hand the power over to the bullies, they will soon realise they are not getting any response and will eventually stop.

Adolescents ALL have issues with insecurities and being awkward. It's part of becoming an adult. The bullies pick on vulnerable people to deflect and divert attention away from their own flaws which they ALL have, but they manage to hide them better.

Your friend who blabbed is an immature wazzuck. But, immaturity is also part of adolescence unfortunately.

Be strong, don't react at all, they will soon tire of the game and will find someone else to pick on. :smile:

Just remember that pretty much everyone will have experienced some form of excruciating embarrassment before they become an adult. You are in no way alone.
(edited 6 years ago)
I moved your thread to the Health section. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest