The Student Room Group

Applying for finance

Hi, I am from Netherlands but currently moved to U.K. and I wanna study here my university...and I haven't been living in Netherlands for the past three years coz I had to go to my grandma since my mom passed away so... tho I used to come often I don't know if they will put that in consideration...currently am starting access course to computing and am planning to join university next year hopefully 2018september. Can I still be eligible for the student finance if I get work since I have National insurance number? Secondly,can the Dutch government finance my studies while in U.K.?(am afraid they will coz the fees here in UK is expensive)

Kindly help me with any information
Thank you
Original post by Jamat
Hi, I am from Netherlands but currently moved to U.K. and I wanna study here my university...and I haven't been living in Netherlands for the past three years coz I had to go to my grandma since my mom passed away so... tho I used to come often I don't know if they will put that in consideration...currently am starting access course to computing and am planning to join university next year hopefully 2018september. Can I still be eligible for the student finance if I get work since I have National insurance number? Secondly,can the Dutch government finance my studies while in U.K.?(am afraid they will coz the fees here in UK is expensive)

Kindly help me with any information
Thank you

Hi Jamat,

Where have you been living other than the Netherlands? What course are you going to study when you come to the UK?

Thanks

Catherine
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Jamat,

Where have you been living other than the Netherlands? What course are you going to study when you come to the UK?

Thanks

Catherine

Hi Catherine
I have been living in Kenya at my grandma's
Original post by Jamat
Hi Catherine
I have been living in Kenya at my grandma's

Hi Jamat,

Depending on the circumstances you may be eligible to apply for funding as an EU National if you have been outside the EU/EEA on a temporary break. You will be required to provide evidence of your temporary break regardless of the length of time you were temporarily absent for.

What could be classed as a temporary break?

- Gap Year
- Holiday
- Voluntary Work overseas
- Parents working abroad on a temporary contact of employment

What would not be classed as a temporary break?

- People who emigrate to another country outside of EEA/Switzerland - People who are unable to satisfy SFE that their break was of a temporary nature
- People who have exercised their right to roam elsewhere in the EU/EEA and will be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of their course

Acceptable Evidence

- A letter from university/college confirming gap year
- A letter from the employer on headed paper confirming temporary employment including dates
- A contract from the employer that clearly shows the employment is of a temporary nature
- Temporary visas or work permits

Dependent on the your situation, you may not have any of the evidence above (e.g. you went abroad, self-funded, no employment etc.).

In these circumstances you would be advised to send any evidence of the break (e.g. copies of ticket receipts, accommodation lease, etc.) with a covering letter. This evidence will be deemed acceptable on a 'case-by-case' basis.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending