The Student Room Group

Is it needy for a guy to want someone?

Anon 'cos it's embarrassing.

Is it needy to want a girl in my life? I don't really care about the sexual part. That can be... fulfilled in other ways (though sex is great, it's not a primary concern right now for me).

I just want a connection with a girl that cares about me and I care about her. I want the more lovey-dovey parts of a relationship but I know it is weird to say that or admit it out loud.

Scroll to see replies

It's absolutely normal to want that with someone, we are social creatures after all.
I feel that way ish, I'd say it depends on how it comes across, e.g. If you're throwing yourself at everyone that comes along or it's all you talk about to friends..
nah I'd prefer that too
No it isn't needy at all
Reply 5
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
I feel that way ish, I'd say it depends on how it comes across, e.g. If you're throwing yourself at everyone that comes along or it's all you talk about to friends..

I've never publicly admitted this (as I said, I know it sounds weird so I keep it to myself). Also not at all a "ladies man", I'm shy and not a very smooth talker.
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
If you're throwing yourself at everyone that comes along.

:colondollar:
If you can't stop thinking about it or can't survive without it then that's needy but to just like the idea is fine, ngl we all want that.
This so ridiculous, I was always against the idea of "fragile masculinity" but now I see that they have a point. Honestly you're reminding me of that "Guys is it OK to like girls? Cuz they like d*ck and that's GAY AF".
OBVIOUSLY it's okay for men to want that, don't you realise that if it wasn't and only women could want an emotional connection, then all women would have to be lesbian or just never date anyone because all men would just want sex.
If a man has no want or need for an emotional relationship, then I do not want to be in a relationship with him, he obviously just wants sex or hasn't figured out what he wants yet, either way I definitely don't want to be with him.
Reply 9
Original post by Emerald777O
If you can't stop thinking about it or can't survive without it then that's needy but to just like the idea is fine, ngl we all want that.

I can obviously survive without it, I've survived for a long, long time without it.

But sometimes, especially when I see couples, I feel extremely lonely. It's not like I think about it all day long but when I do, it hurts like a *****.
Original post by Anonymous
I can obviously survive without it, I've survived for a long, long time without it.

But sometimes, especially when I see couples, I feel extremely lonely. It's not like I think about it all day long but when I do, it hurts like a *****.

I'm a girl and I agree with you.
I just want someone to be there for me, I want a guy who genuinely cares about me

Aw soz man. How old are you ?
no of course its not, its very normal, and me being a girl an all its better as its nice to know that a guy likes you for you not just for sex. and although you may want that right now, i am confident in saying you will find what you are looking for in time but do not force anything as everything happens for a reason.
I feel the same :frown:
Original post by ahlaladolly
No it isn't needy at all

Pls don’t say you’re the type to like the “lovey dovey” parts of relationships.
Original post by lmaooome

In my defense, I didn't mean soppy things. Waking up to a text saying she's thinking of you is what I think of as "lovey-dovey". Something like that. Making me soup (even *****y soup 'cos most young girls can't really cook) when I'm sick. All those caring gestures, not anything extreme.
In my defense, I didn't mean soppy things. Waking up to a text saying she's thinking of you is what I think of as "lovey-dovey". Something like that. Making me soup (even *****y soup 'cos most young girls can't really cook) when I'm sick. All those caring gestures, not anything extreme.

Lmao I can relate; I can barely make toast without burning it hahah.
Yh, that’s fine I more-so was thinking of public lovey dovey gestures that couples do which are just cringe from my perspective lolol
Lmao I can relate; I can barely make toast without burning it hahah.
Yh, that’s fine I more-so was thinking of public lovey dovey gestures that couples do which are just cringe from my perspective lolol

Definitely not PDA. I'm referring to private gestures between me and her that makes you feel that someone somewhere gives a ****.
Anon 'cos it's embarrassing.

Is it needy to want a girl in my life? I don't really care about the sexual part. That can be... fulfilled in other ways (though sex is great, it's not a primary concern right now for me).

I just want a connection with a girl that cares about me and I care about her. I want the more lovey-dovey parts of a relationship but I know it is weird to say that or admit it out loud.

Lol I'm pretty forever-alone and I feel the same way.

I don't think it actually is needy, it's just natural. But I do think it might come across as needy in public.

girl u should know me - lmao I deserve all the love in the World
ooh define ''lovey dovey''

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending