The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yes, i want more mass shootings
Original post by Pleasantri
I'm a proud US citizen and our houses are generally bigger, our cars are larger and more comfortable to drive; it feels like the general standard of living in the USA far surpasses that in the UK.

For me, it's mainly all your random gunfire deaths that provoke envy, oh, that and your outstanding burger-based health culture.
Reply 22
Your president is a potato.
British people always talk about their National Health Service, but I'm sorry, it's crap. Your waiting lists are appalling and so is your cancer treatment.

I'd rather be an uninsured American than have to use your *****y healthcare!

Uhm you know what... you’re absolutely right.
Original post by charco
F*** no!

Your houses are bigger because there is no space restriction, but you then have to take transport to get around.

Your cars are bigger and your speed limit is much lower... go figure!

Your cars guzzle petrol.

Standard of living is probably great .... if you can afford suitable medical insurance. You are one serious illness away from penury.

US houses can be quite strange. For one thing, they use a lot more wood, so they tend to have an odd smell. Another oddity is the tendency to have very odd electrically powered air con vents in the lower parts of walls that can't be switched off and probably spread disease right through the house. Then there is the sheer tedium of US suburban life, which makes our leading examples like Croydon, Edgware or Solihull look culturally rich and exquisitely beautiful.
more vice versa tbh
Original post by Nerry
and how the **** do you know what our cancer treatment is like? can't be that bad if millions of people are going into remission.

there might be waiting lists but at least you still get treated. how the hell is that better than getting turned away and left to die because you can't afford to pay for it? at least our kids are given a chance to live. what a lame comparison. 'mericans have to PAY to wait bwahahahaha. more fool you

I feel like this fool is a troll, nobody on Earth can be this retarded.
Original post by Anonymous
lol when i walk outside in the UK i see 1 obese person out of 5
when i walk outside in the USA i see 10 obese people

There are so many, they are causing the planet to tilt. That's why they get so confused and think orange people make good presidents.
Reply 28
Original post by Touchmeplz
I feel like this fool is a troll, nobody on Earth can be this retarded.

me or the OP?
Original post by Nerry
me or the OP?

Sorry, not you. I replied to the wrong comment. oops
Original post by Nerry
and how the **** do you know what our cancer treatment is like? can't be that bad if millions of people are going into remission.

there might be waiting lists but at least you still get treated. how the hell is that better than getting turned away and left to die because you can't afford to pay for it? at least our kids are given a chance to live. what a lame comparison. 'mericans have to PAY to wait bwahahahaha. more fool you

Remission isn't a cure. I agree you lot get treated ... after its become untreatable and you're discussing palliative care.
I'm not jealous AT ALL about Americans. I love living in the UK, free healthcare - so no overwhelming healthcare debts if someone gets seriously ill, strict gun laws, the overall feeling of safety, no Trump. They have massive cars, which is a bit needless and because I've grown up in Britain, American humour seems second class to British humour somehow. Patriotism is also slightly over- rated. I'm not hating on Americans, however I do enjoy living in the UK.
Original post by lalliboo
I'm not jealous AT ALL about Americans. I love living in the UK, free healthcare - so no overwhelming healthcare debts if someone gets seriously ill, strict gun laws, the overall feeling of safety, no Trump. They have massive cars, which is a bit needless and because I've grown up in Britain, American humour seems second class to British humour somehow. Patriotism is also slightly over- rated. I'm not hating on Americans, however I do enjoy living in the UK.

Here we go again, free healthcare.

Your healthcare is free because it's ****!

Sure, it needs improvement- but at least it's not privatised.

im sorry but having some healthcare is better than nothing. least as a country we achieved something without bringing a gun out
I'm a proud US citizen and our houses are generally bigger, our cars are larger and more comfortable to drive; it feels like the general standard of living in the USA far surpasses that in the UK.

Your houses need to be bigger to house your fat asses and big mouths. Your cars need to be bigger because you wouldn't fit in any of ours. And you have the worst health care system in the civilized world and the biggest ******** for a president.
Original post by lalliboo
Sure, it needs improvement- but at least it's not privatised.

America hardly has privatized, how much money gets given to the "companies" by the government to pay for obamacare, how much do the American government have their nose in the medical industry.

I am honestly considering moving to America but everyone just likes to make fun of them because it is cool to make fun of one of the most powerful and succesful countries on earth, we owe a lot to the American people and they owe a lot to us and in many ways they have a higher quality of life on average but even so look at our own country, not exactly doing to well are we?
Original post by FloralLuxe
*laughs in NHS*

This will forever be my favorite response
Was this made on purpose to start beef or is this person GENUINELY asking??
Like they said in WW2 - Oversexed, overpaid and over 'ere.

Latest

Trending

Trending