The Student Room Group

Quitting.

I really want to quit my EPQ, i've already applied to universities and received my offers, and none of them mentioned my EPQ, only the actual a levels. However, I've been told that to quit I'd need to email my universities and inform them so they can decide if it will affect my offer, which I think would make me look bad, should I still quit and risk this??
If you drop out of it, then yes you will have to inform the universities.
The chances are it will not change your offer, but it certainly doesn't look good.
If you quit the university may think of you as a bit of a "quitter" and that is not a good reputation to start off with!
Original post by OwlOfFire
If you drop out of it, then yes you will have to inform the universities.
The chances are it will not change your offer, but it certainly doesn't look good.
If you quit the university may think of you as a bit of a "quitter" and that is not a good reputation to start off with!

thanks for the response! I thought so, but I'm worried it will negatively impact my actual a level grades, which i dont think would be worth a crappy EPQ :s-smilie:
Contact your universities before you drop it and check that they will be happy with it, if they are happy with you dropping it then it’s fine to drop it
Original post by elliej0
thanks for the response! I thought so, but I'm worried it will negatively impact my actual a level grades, which i dont think would be worth a crappy EPQ :s-smilie:

If an EPQ grade is not made as part of the offer then I don't think they would change the A level grades, unless they had already lowered them for you. For example some universities lower the offer if the applicant has a grade A in EPQ. How much work have you put into the EPQ? If you have already got a title and have started your final project it would be a shame to drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending