The Student Room Group

can you convince two kids theyre twins

if you were to adopt two same aged, unrelated children at birth and treat them as though they were twins would it be possible for them to feel like they were twins all their life or would it be different to twins who've been born together
Original post by filmaker
if you were to adopt two same aged, unrelated children at birth and treat them as though they were twins would it be possible for them to feel like they were twins all their life or would it be different to twins who've been born together

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the same bond as real twins!
Reply 2
Original post by becky_kelso
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the same bond as real twins!

do you know if there's anywhere i could find a study on twins? i feel like real twins only have a bond because theyve been together all their lives but i dont have any actual proof
Yes, in fact there is one case in America where two girls (both born on the same day, from the same town, same school etc) are treated as twins. When the other goes on holiday, the other family tries to come etc.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x90tR8-g5o
I've been following this story for a while because despite the differences of these two children, it is the progressive attitude of the parents which have removed any barriers from the kids seeing themselves as twins. To those two kids, they believe they are twins and aren't restricted from believing in such.

For those who can't access the link: two families, one black one white and they both have two girls, born on the same day. The girls go to the same school, they're bestfriends, have sleepovers, go on holidays together and they introduce each other as twins.
Reply 4
Original post by erratic_deus
Yes, in fact there is one case in America where two girls (both born on the same day, from the same town, same school etc) are treated as twins. When the other goes on holiday, the other family tries to come etc.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x90tR8-g5o
I've been following this story for a while because despite the differences of these two children, it is the progressive attitude of the parents which have removed any barriers from the kids seeing themselves as twins. To those two kids, they believe they are twins and aren't restricted from believing in such.

For those who can't access the link: two families, one black one white and they both have two girls, born on the same day. The girls go to the same school, they're bestfriends, have sleepovers, go on holidays together and they introduce each other as twins.

thank you so much!!!!
Original post by filmaker
thank you so much!!!!

Yeah it was really heart-warming watching this. I learnt about them in Dec 2017.
The saddest thing I think about them is that someone hostile is going to say "you're stupid, you aren't twins" and yeah. It's just a really sweet friendship.
Reply 6
Completely different. Am a Twin and I have 2 friends that are born in the same year. They just feel like normal brothers and sisters. As a Twin am always with my brother and he is always with me as we do the same stuff majority of the time.
why would anyone want to do this?

and as for being brought up together being the only reason why they feel like twins...twins have nearly the same brain, they think almost the same way. they report a lot of telepathic links.
Reply 8
@petalsunrise 😂😂😂🤷*♂️🤷*♂️ that actually happens. We communicate the words out together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending