The Student Room Group

Why does school make me sad?

The day before I go back to school every week, I usually cry. I don’t know why and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out why I hate school so much. I have good friends, ok classes and I don’t get bullied or anything. Im only in 8th grade and I thought that maybe it was just that I don’t belong in school. I’m a very creative person and I am not interested in science or math or any other school subjects. But the idea of having to go to school for four and a half more years makes me so depressed. I just can’t imagine spending so much longer behind a desk. I get really bored in school and the days just seem so long. Since I am an eighth grader, I can’t exactly quit school so I wa shopping someone would know what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The day before I go back to school every week, I usually cry. I don’t know why and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out why I hate school so much. I have good friends, ok classes and I don’t get bullied or anything. Im only in 8th grade and I thought that maybe it was just that I don’t belong in school. I’m a very creative person and I am not interested in science or math or any other school subjects. But the idea of having to go to school for four and a half more years makes me so depressed. I just can’t imagine spending so much longer behind a desk. I get really bored in school and the days just seem so long. Since I am an eighth grader, I can’t exactly quit school so I wa shopping someone would know what to do.

You've said it yourself, it's because you don't like the idea of going to school and doing the same routine for the next 4.5 years. You need to find a way that shifts your mentality away from that. Perhaps set some achievable goals that you can work towards. You could also take up some new hobbies such as sports that you can do after school.
Original post by Anonymous

I’m in your place exactly right now, the thought of school makes me sob and I hate talking abt school at all or doing homework because it don’t want to bring school home. Except I’m in eighth grade too but I’m also really unhappy socially at school and I get picked on because I’m not ‘popular’ and I don’t have many friends at all and I just don’t feel safe or comfortable at school and the fact that I have to spend so much time there makes me cry just thinking about it. It’s affected my studies too and I don’t know what to do bc im stuck
Reply 3
Nah mate school just **** tbf it hasn't changed since the 1980's
Original post by UWS
You've said it yourself, it's because you don't like the idea of going to school and doing the same routine for the next 4.5 years. You need to find a way that shifts your mentality away from that. Perhaps set some achievable goals that you can work towards. You could also take up some new hobbies such as sports that you can do after school.

I am completely agree with @UWS you should take part some new activities that may be helpful in your daily scheduling and helpful in diverting your mind in old daily stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending