The Student Room Group

Is 21 year old guy too young to find lasting love?

So what do you think? Can a, relatively, mature 21 year old guy be capable of find lasting love (that could eventually lead to marriage) or is he really just too young and not experienced enough in life to know.

So who out there has started dating a guy 21 (or younger) and stayed together and eventually gotten married?
Not too young. My parents started going out in sixth form and they've been married for over 20 years. :smile:
Your childhood best friend could be your next wife who knows, but you're never too young. If you keep something for long enough until you're ready then it can happen.
Original post by Anonymous
Is 21 year old guy too young to find lasting love?

NO. Actually 21 is a very ripe age
Reply 4
So what do you think? Can a, relatively, mature 21 year old guy be capable of find lasting love (that could eventually lead to marriage) or is he really just too young and not experienced enough in life to know.

So who out there has started dating a guy 21 (or younger) and stayed together and eventually gotten married?

Nothing wrong with it at all. I found my partner while I was 18 and she was 16. I'm now 24 and we have been through Uni together and are now working and looking to move in soon, get married and have a kid in a year or so. Any age is possible :smile:
Reply 5

I met my now husband when we were both at Secondary School, it does and can happen! We have been with each other since about 2006/7. We now have two children.
Reply 6
A girl that I went to school with started dating someone at 14 years old. They are still together today age 21 and I believe engaged. It can happen.
It's not too young. But it chances on meeting the right person as well.

My parents had already been married a year and half and had me by the time they were 21. They're 45 now and still happily married.
It's purely down to luck, at any age, whether or not you find lasting love. All you can do is carry on with your life and not worry about it too much.

Not to young at all me and my husband were friends from 11 till 17 then got together and we just got married a year ago when we were both 24 :smile:
Reply 10
Nope it’s not too young. My dad got married when he just turned 22.
peak fertility is around age 19.... so 21 is past that.
Its how mature you are that matters more rather than your actual age imo. Me and my husband started dating at 17 and he was more mature than I was at that age. 21 isn't too young too find love and it isn't too late to find love either. Just take things as they happen and before you know it, you'll have no doubt met someone :smile:
Reply 13
If you have to ask a question like that then you probably aren't ready.
21 is quite a normal age though.
My nan and granddad met when they were 16 and 18, married within a year and had 6 kids by the time they were 25 and 27. Married for over 50 years before my granddad passed away 10 years ago. It can work and does work if you put in the effort and want it to.
That's so funny. To a 20-something, the perception of time is so elastic. The notion of "eventually" finding someone to marry (ie. within the next 5-10 years) is strangely at odds with the temporal concept of a "lasting" love, which to me, means a 50 or 60 year marriage.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending