The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
Yeah definitely do that! I wish I'd done that even though I really enjoy all my subjects :smile: That's good! I actually miss school lol

don’t you have school tomorrow? Or are you self teaching a-levels? I’m sure you mentioned college!
Original post by Toastiekid
don’t you have school tomorrow? Or are you self teaching a-levels? I’m sure you mentioned college!

Oh no I do go to college just not on Mondays! I'm only self teaching AS Further Maths :smile:
Tuesday 6th March 2018
Today I managed to wake up at 4am!:biggrin: I'm really glad I did cos it helped me start off my day very well, and I did 1h 45 mins revision in the morning. On Tuesday, I do 3 hours revision which I managed to complete! I did 20 more mins at lunchtime, 20 mins on the train and 40 mins when I got home. I'm really glad I split up my revision like this, it made me feel as if I'd done no work. Just now I did some fitness exercises for my abs and a few squats. :smile: I am really really tired now, I need to sleep so I can get up at 4 again!

Chem= The lesson was SO boring today- we spent the first 2 hours going through worksheets we did for homework, which was useful but it was very tedious and I kept trying not to fall asleep :tongue: Also my chem test has been moved to Friday instead of today which I was a bit annoyed about cos I was ready for it but I'm glad I don't have to panic revise now like I usually do. For the last hour in the lesson, we moved on to Chapter 26 on Carbonyl Compounds and started looking at nucleophilic addition. Organic chem is really not my thing, but it's kinda all the same so I hope it's fine! I really can't wait until we finish everything!

Economics= We spent the first bit of the lesson looking at inflation AGAIN but I guess it has to be done! Then, we moved onto something more interesting and we looked at the Multiplier Effect and the Accelerator Effect. We were also told that our mock is only on Macro, (and mostly this year topics!) because no way do I have enough time in 2 weeks to revise all the content!:redface:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done"- Bruce Lee :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by HateOCR
Thankfully i do AQA for Chemistry. Only OCR biology.

Lucky!:smile: It's the opposite at my college, OCR for chem and AQA for bio :smile:
Lucky!:smile: It's the opposite at my college, OCR for chem and AQA for bio :smile:

I hope its going well. If you know the exam board inside out it becomes a game of rat and mouse - you just fetch for the key points the examiner wants to meet and hey presto, full marks :smile:
Original post by HateOCR
I hope its going well. If you know the exam board inside out it becomes a game of rat and mouse - you just fetch for the key points the examiner wants to meet and hey presto, full marks :smile:

It's a lot of work (as I'm sure you know!) but it going well thanks :smile: How about you?:smile: Yes true you have to learn how to play the game!
It's a lot of work (as I'm sure you know!) but it going well thanks :smile: How about you?:smile: Yes true you have to learn how to play the game!

Im not doing well at this current time but its ok.
Ill keep watching this thread :smile:) keep us updated and keep up your good work. You’re doing well.
Oh no I do go to college just not on Mondays! I'm only self teaching AS Further Maths :smile:

oh okay I'm not confused any more :smile:
I want to try and get up at four to do stuff but idk if I'd make it out of bed.
(Though I was #inspired and got up half an hour earlier than usual to do some English before school :biggrin:)
could you tag me please?:smile:
and 4am?! i don't think i could cope with that, i like my bed too much:colondollar:
I envy how happy you seem all the time lmao.
Still trying to increase how long I can study for, at around 2/2.5 hours a day until I call it quits. Doing 5, or even 4, seems a long way away for me haha.
4am?! you're crazy...at least it was productive!
don't work yourself too hard though...
Original post by entertainmyfaith
could you tag me please?:smile:
and 4am?! i don't think i could cope with that, i like my bed too much:colondollar:

Of course :biggrin: Well desperate times call for desperate measures!:tongue:
Original post by mez_merising
4am?! you're crazy...at least it was productive!
don't work yourself too hard though...

I knew you'd think it's crazy :tongue: Don't worry I won't overwork myself- I've been really lazy up until now and I'm making time to look after my physical and mental health so I'll be fine :smile: And I'm glad your organic chem test went well!:smile: And alkenes decolourise bromine water through electrophilic addition :smile:
Original post by Toastiekid
oh okay I'm not confused any more :smile:
I want to try and get up at four to do stuff but idk if I'd make it out of bed.
(Though I was #inspired and got up half an hour earlier than usual to do some English before school :biggrin:)

Yay that's good!:tongue: Honestly I wouldn't do it for GCSE's, you don't need to work that much! Well done, I'm proud!:tongue: every little bit counts :smile:
Original post by Syed_Haque
I envy how happy you seem all the time lmao.
Still trying to increase how long I can study for, at around 2/2.5 hours a day until I call it quits. Doing 5, or even 4, seems a long way away for me haha.

Really why do you think I seem happy all the time?:tongue: Well I don't do 4/5 hours everyday! When I have full days at college (2 days a week) I only do 3 hours :smile: Are you doing A levels?:smile:
Yeah, I'm doing A Levels
Original post by HateOCR
Im not doing well at this current time but its ok.
Ill keep watching this thread :smile:) keep us updated and keep up your good work. You’re doing well.

Ah you'll do well don't worry :smile: I feel like the past 2 years of A levels have been very up and down in terms of grades! Thank you!:biggrin:
Yeah, I'm doing A Levels

Nice, which subjects?:smile: And don't worry about only doing 2/2.5 hours everybody's different :smile:
Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

Hard A levels! Do you want to do medicine or something sciencey at uni?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending