The Student Room Group

Would you ever go out with a vegan

Scroll to see replies

As long as I could eat meat in front of them without a lecture, sure. Naturally I'd give the same courtesy in return!
(edited 6 years ago)
No. Vegans' life choices are a huge missed-steak
did you just
Reply 23
I dated a vegan and it was fine to be honest. Sometimes we would have discussions about it but he was never preachy or judged me. He wouldn't care or say anything if I ate a big meaty burger in front of him. He'd be too busy focussing on his falafel. Occasionally I thought it was a shame that we couldn't share non vegan foods together but it wasn't a big deal, was never an issue in the relationship.
I don't think I could date a preachy vegan though.
Original post by cat_mac
I would (and have) date meat eaters. Tbh I try to avoid vegan guys especially because they’re too self righteous.

Basically, as long as people have the ability to talk about things other than diet and ethics i’m fine with what they believe. Some carnists at my work brought it up every time they passed me like carrots have feelings too” and bs like that which is highly annoying. The occasional conversation is fine but it gets boring to have the same conversations over and over.

I am veggie and my other half is vegan and that for sure is annoying. The other one that gets me is:

"You won't get all your nutrients if you are veggie/vegan", which is normally uttered by someone who lives on Big Macs and Coca-cola and are probably deficient in about 75% of the nutrients the human body needs to function properly.
sure as long as they don’t try to convince me to go vegan as well
Original post by jestersnow
I am veggie and my other half is vegan and that for sure is annoying. The other one that gets me is:

"You won't get all your nutrients if you are veggie/vegan", which is normally uttered by someone who lives on Big Macs and Coca-cola and are probably deficient in about 75% of the nutrients the human body needs to function properly.

Yesss it’s so annoying. People only seem to ask questions to get a rise out of you, with no intention of actually listening to your opinion or facts. Now I just tell people if they’re interested, google it. I’m not going to waste my energy being the “argue with a vegan” entertainment!
My only concern is eating out. As long as they don't force me to become vegan.
Reply 28
Original post by ineedtorevise127
And for vegans would you consider a meat eater as a future partner

Yes, I dont care, I respect your decision if you would respect mine.
Original post by Tiger Rag
My only concern is eating out. As long as they don't force me to become vegan.

I interpreted that veeeerrry differently than you meant it... :giggle:
Original post by cat_mac
I interpreted that veeeerrry differently than you meant it... :giggle:

How rude!

(and yes, having read it back I realise that now...)
Original post by ineedtorevise127
And for vegans would you consider a meat eater as a future partner

only if you eat my meat...... jk
i would but only if you dont make force me to turn vegan as well.
Im vegan and have dated someone who was non vegan, personally Ive never met a vegan guy! I'd love to though. But their dietary choice doesnt affect whether I date them or not
Reply 33
Original post by rejnekjr
So would you respect a rapist decision to rape just as long as that rapist respect your decision not to rape?

What? What are you talking about? Im talking aboit Veganism and Meat eating not Rape you utter idiot.
Reply 34
Original post by eridiff321
Im vegan and have dated someone who was non vegan, personally Ive never met a vegan guy! I'd love to though. But their dietary choice doesnt affect whether I date them or not

Im kind of Vegan curious I would stop eating meat if I knew how to put Vegan meals together, i'd love to go to a vegan restraunt!
Reply 35
You just said you respect someones decision just as long as they respects yours you moron.

Yeah, read what I quoted and go back to school, you idiot.
Well if she don't beat my meat, then no, I won't go out with a vegan. Other than that, I've got nothing against them.
Rather be so called 'self-righteous' than self-entitled.

And that’s relevant how? They aren’t mutually exclusive...
Reply 38
I read what you said you ****ing retard. I just repeated what you said back to you. Moron.

No, read what I quoted. Not too clever are you? Did you go to school?
If you don't want to go out with someone solely because of their eating habits, then you probably aren't worth dating in the first place.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest