The Student Room Group

He deleted/unfollowed me on all social media?

Long story short, I was seeing this guy for around 2 months. We decided it wont work out and agreed to stay friends. Few weeks later I blocked him on snapchat to get over him. Next month i asked for it back and then saw he unfollowed me off of everything, when i asked for his snap back.

Thoughts?
Clearly a friendship bases wasn't working for either of you and he was struggling to get over it-seeing you appear on his timeline could've been painful.
Maybe further in the future a friendship will work but for now it isn't. Also possible he thought you hated him or wanted to completely move on from him(no friendship nothing) because you blocked him on snapchat and as such wanted to cut all strings.
Original post by Anonymous
Long story short, I was seeing this guy for around 2 months. We decided it wont work out and agreed to stay friends. Few weeks later I blocked him on snapchat to get over him. Next month i asked for it back and then saw he unfollowed me off of everything, when i asked for his snap back.

Thoughts?

His impression was that you locking him from snapchat was not a friendly action, so he moved on and doesnt want anything to do with you. You cant have it both ways and in any event clean breaks are better.
He's just done the same thing, having someone you've recently broke up with on your internet stuff sucks frankly, it is NOT healthy and you keep being reminded all the time, ESPECIALLY as people tend to always talk positive on social media so what you often see is 'I wonder how they're doing without me?....oh, great apparently' just sucks.

You both sound like you get the idea and just need to be a bit more honest/direct about it 'it was nothing personal, we're cool, i just didn't want these things reminding of the breakup for a while' . we're v quick to declare we'll stay friends after breakups, when we really should add the proviso '..after all the dust has settled and neither of us did anything TOO terrible'
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
Clearly a friendship bases wasn't working for either of you and he was struggling to get over it-seeing you appear on his timeline could've been painful.
Maybe further in the future a friendship will work but for now it isn't. Also possible he thought you hated him or wanted to completely move on from him(no friendship nothing) because you blocked him on snapchat and as such wanted to cut all strings.

Thanks for ur reply! The weird thing was he followed me back on vsco after i blocked him on snap.. but only deleted off everything me when i asked for snap back.

I guess only he knows why..
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for ur reply! The weird thing was he followed me back on vsco after i blocked him on snap.. but only deleted off everything me when i asked for snap back.

I guess only he knows why..

Maybe he was worried your relationship could start up again and he didn't want that, but as you said only he knows

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending