The Student Room Group

Which fizzy/soft drinks are haraam?

This poll is closed

Do you think Coca Cola Products made in the United Kingdom haraam?

Yes (Muslim) 36%
No (Muslim 57%
I don't know (Muslim) 0%
No (Non Muslim) 0%
Yes - (Non Muslim)7%
Total votes: 14
Assalmu Alaykum Dear Brothers, Are any of these fizzy drinks HARAAM in THE UNITED KINGDOM!
Please state if your reply is Opinion/Official Fact/Other (Please Describe)
I need to find out the official answer! If the following drinks are HARAAM then please state what are in them!
- Coca Cola
- Pepsi
- Seven Up
- Fanta
- Tango
- Redbull
- Boost
- Irn Bru
- Sprite
All Answers are Much Appreciated!
Assalmu Alaykum!
Edit: If your not a muslim please state in your answers ("Non - Muslims) I wanted answers to be from Muslims preferably Sunni Muslims
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

a sprite is a kind of Djinn, so that would be haram.
Reply 2
Sprite and Seven Up are same so I would consider them both haraam..?
If you want it, drink it

Stop making a big deal out of it
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
If you want it, drink it

It is a big deal regarding his/her faith if a drink that he wants to drink is haram..
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
If you want it, drink it

First and foremost, I can do whatever I want (Stop making a big deal out of it)
I can do whatever I want (If you want it, drink it) but there will be a punishment so shut up, and piss off
Reply 6
Original post by k.n.h.
It is a big deal regarding his/her faith if a drink that he wants to drink is haram..

Thank You! :biggrin:
I'm so happy you said that! ;D
Reply 7
Original post by FunkyKid
Sprite and Seven Up are same so I would consider them both haraam..?

What ingredient would any soft drink have in it that's haram anyway? Pork? :lol: Anyway, I can't think of anything.. Just Google it

Update: They're all fine, you might've be weary of Red Bull and Irn Bru, but they just contain caffeine, which is halal

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
I've tried to google it, but all the answers are not good enough and there not recent, there could be traces of Alcohol/Haraam Gelatine
Reply 9
Relentless is definitely haraam, not basing this on anything scriptural for now but Mohammed would have definitely denounced it as haraam if he tried it because that stuff tastes like ****.
Salaam.

I dont think any of these are haraam, they do not contain any traces of gelatine or alcohol.
Reply 11
I've tried to google it, but all the answers are not good enough and there not recent, there could be traces of Alcohol/Haraam Gelatine

You can just check the ingredients of each drink. The popular ones like Pepsi, Coke, Fanta, Sprite don't have anything of the sort in them
Reply 12
Original post by mongodb
Relentless is definitely haraam, not basing this on anything scriptural for now but Mohammed would have definitely denounced it as haraam if he tried it because that stuff tastes like ****.

Thank You for your answer!
Reply 13
Original post by k.n.h.
You can just check the ingredients of each drink. The popular ones like Pepsi, Coke, Fanta, Sprite don't have anything of the sort in them

Depends in what country they're made in (Muslim Countries such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc etc they're drinks are halal) I'm unsure if these drinks are also halal in United Kingdom
Reply 14
Depends in what country they're made in (Muslim Countries such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc etc they're drinks are halal) I'm unsure if these drinks are also halal in United Kingdom

They are, they have the same ingredients :colonhash:

Why would they put gelatine in a drink, gelatine is meant to add a jelly-like/chewy texture..

And there isn't any alcohol: if you look at the ingredients of a can of any soft drink in your local shop, why would they do so? It would be illegal to sell to minors then..
Reply 15
Original post by k.n.h.
They are, they have the same ingredients :colonhash:

Why would they put gelatine in a drink, gelatine is meant to add a jelly-like/chewy texture..

And there isn't any alcohol: if you look at the ingredients of a can of any soft drink in your local shop, why would they do so? It would be illegal to sell to minors then..

First of all, are you a non muslim? Secondly, Gelatine can be haraam and halal, Some drinks have VERY SMALL TRACES OF ALCOHOL yet it's still haraam
Reply 17
ANNOUNCEMENT MUSLIMS AND EVERYONE: I BELIEVE COCA COLA IS HARAAM AND SOME OTHER PRODUCTS MADE BY COCA COLA COMPANY ARE ALSO HARAAM IN THE UNITED KINGDOM!
I will look into/research more into this to fix an answer!
just drink water ffs it's better for you instead of worrying about whether what you're drinking is haraam
Reply 19
First of all, are you a non muslim?

Why should that matter?

Secondly, Gelatine can be haraam and halal,

I am aware.

Some drinks have VERY SMALL TRACES OF ALCOHOL yet it's still haraam

If there is alcohol, it will say so on the ingredients list. There is absolutely no motivation to put a small dose of alcohol in a drink that is served to people of all ages, especially without disclosure as that would be illegal. Where are you hearing this anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending