The Student Room Group

Being a late bloomer (Bad or Good)

I started puberty I think around 15 because when I was in year 9 thats when I started to notice a small growing beard and by year 10 had a moustache however I haven't really got a growth spurt since then and now I am 18 and still haven't got a full beard and still getting spots, its just that my sideburns grow long and a small beard on my chin. My height is around 5ft 4 and get teased a lot and why they ask me about my height I say to them that I am a late bloomer so will I grow later on and like do i have time to grow more because i started puberty at around 15-16. I feel embarrassed about my height because most girls in my college are taller then me.

So is being a late bloomer (starting puberty late) a good thing or a bad thing?
Almost deffo the best thing ever, You will sneak up on people like they will all see you as this little cute thing that hasn't hit pubity yet and then bam, who is this guy.
I mean tbf it really doesnt matter the only big bonus is that you will probs age slower and loose your hair slower
Well if your diet is bad that can slow down the effects of puberty
Reply 3
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
Well if your diet is bad that can slow down the effects of puberty

No defo I am going to eat healthy but just wanted to know if I have some time left to increase my height and stuff. Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Almost deffo the best thing ever, You will sneak up on people like they will all see you as this little cute thing that hasn't hit pubity yet and then bam, who is this guy.
I mean tbf it really doesnt matter the only big bonus is that you will probs age slower and loose your hair slower

So i have defo some time to grow then coz I ma very small and relying on the hope that I will grow because I at least want to be 5ft 8 coz right now I am only 5ft 4.

thanks for teh reply tho.

Quick Reply

Latest