The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Loan (2018/19)

Hi

I have a couple of questions about applying for a Postgraduate loan for a masters course. If i apply for the full amount of loan am i likely to receive the full amount or are there any factors that will influence how much i receive? Also will it make a difference whether i live with my parents or alone?

Thanks in advance
Original post by Soph_Hann
Hi

I have a couple of questions about applying for a Postgraduate loan for a masters course. If i apply for the full amount of loan am i likely to receive the full amount or are there any factors that will influence how much i receive? Also will it make a difference whether i live with my parents or alone?

Thanks in advance

Hi Soph_Hann,

The Postgraduate Loan (PGL) is non-means tested, so if you are eligible and going to be studying on an eligible course you would be able to apply for the maximum amount if required.

Where or who you live with does not affect your entitlement.

More details about what funding will be available for the 2018/19 PGL will be released nearer application launch in the summer.

Regards,

Stuart
HelloIs it possible to consult my eligibility (like residency/nationality requirement) for the 2018/19 postgraduate loan before the application becomes available in the summer? My case is a bit complex, because I moved around between countries and I don't know if that would prevent me from getting the loan or not. I already have an offer for the Master's programme (deferred admission).Thank you
Original post by Soph_Hann
Hi

Thanks in advance

Hi Soph_Hann,

When applying for Postgraduate Loan we do not factor in anything that influences the amount, PGL is a set amount of £10,280.00 that all students are entitled to as long as the course is a funded course and you meet the residency criteria.

Thanks

Catherine
Hi When is the application for 2018/19 set at?
Original post by wrightlee91
Hi When is the application for 2018/19 set at?

Hi wrightlee91,

Applications for Postgraduate Loans for 2018/19 are expected to launch mid May.

Please keep checking our website for further information.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 6
My postgraduate masters loan has been approved for £10,906.00. Does this go straight to the university to cover the tuition fee or do I have to pay the university with this money?
Original post by bhhhh
My postgraduate masters loan has been approved for £10,906.00. Does this go straight to the university to cover the tuition fee or do I have to pay the university with this money?

Hi there,

We pay the Postgraduate Loan (PGL) directly to you, it is your responsibility to pay the university.

You will be able to check your payment schedule on your entitlement letter on your online account.

Thanks, Ashley.
Hi all just wondering if anyone knows about the postgrad application process. I’ve just been offered a place at uni for a postgrad for this year! (Sept 2019 start) Though I am thinking of deferring, I would love to start this year. However I’d be so late applying for a postgrad loan, would I get it on time? Or would I know/will they tell me if I’m eligible and will be getting it even if it does come through late? I don’t want to start my course if I’m unsure whether I’ll even be getting the loan/how much I’m getting. Any help would be great xo
Original post by kitkitbobit
Hi all just wondering if anyone knows about the postgrad application process. I’ve just been offered a place at uni for a postgrad for this year! (Sept 2019 start) Though I am thinking of deferring, I would love to start this year. However I’d be so late applying for a postgrad loan, would I get it on time? Or would I know/will they tell me if I’m eligible and will be getting it even if it does come through late? I don’t want to start my course if I’m unsure whether I’ll even be getting the loan/how much I’m getting. Any help would be great xo

Hi there,

you can still apply for the Postgraduate Masters Loan quickest way being on your website here http://ow.ly/dRKY30mAdwu. If you make the university aware of when you apply and that you're using it for your fees then it is up to them if they're ok with this. The application can take 6 to 8 weeks to process once we have everything from you. Normally this can be quicker than undergraduate applications as we don't require your parents income details. We would suggest sending your ID and any additional evidence requested as soon as you have applied and this will help the process be quicker.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 10
Hi there, When do the three installments get paid to us? Are they the same as in undergrad, so October, January and May? Or is it different as its a 12 month course?
Original post by Clojary
Hi there, When do the three installments get paid to us? Are they the same as in undergrad, so October, January and May? Or is it different as its a 12 month course?

Hi there,

Your payments are scheduled in line with your tern start dates.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending