The Student Room Group

I want glasses, faking eye test

Hi,

I have an eye test on Monday, sometimes my vision is a little blurred but I can still see letters from far away, I really want glasses so I want to fail my eye test, how can I fail my eye test so I can get a glasses prescription which isn’t very strong? When I have to tell them what letters I see should I say letters which look similar to the actual letters?

Scroll to see replies

Why would you want the headaches, damage to your eyes, etc which goes with an incorrect prescription?

I'm pretty sure you can buy glasses with plain glass in online (they used to sell them in Claire's - my sister also randomly wanted glasses when she was a little kid - but I don't know if they still do)
Hopefully you'll see the answer you're looking for.
Don't worry. Eye am always here for you.
Just envision yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I have an eye test on Monday, sometimes my vision is a little blurred but I can still see letters from far away, I really want glasses so I want to fail my eye test, how can I fail my eye test so I can get a glasses prescription which isn’t very strong? When I have to tell them what letters I see should I say letters which look similar to the actual letters?

thats not good honey faking eyes it can get worse to a point where eyesight level is equivalent to blindness
buy glasses with no lens?
If your vision becomes blurry at times, you need to tell the opticians this because there may be some underlying cause you don't know about. Faking your eye test will only land you with glasses that will damage your eyesight, and not to mention the needless cost to the NHS (assuming you qualify).
Just buy glasses with non-prescriptions lenses.

If you fake your eye test you'll end up with glasses that give you headaches and make your vision actually bad.

Glasses are a pain. The initial excitement wears off.
One of the most stupid things I've ever read on TSR and that says a lot. Just buy some fake glasses.
when they put the board of letters say the wrong letters starting from the largest letter at the top.
Original post by bones-mccoy
One of the most stupid things I've ever read on TSR and that says a lot. Just buy some fake glasses.

This forum erodes my faith in humanity.
Hi,

Just buy fake glasses if you want to wear them. You'll just make your eyes worse by wearing glasses that you aren't supposed to.
Just be honest. It’s so silly to lie and potentially damage your good eyesight with the wrong glasses just for the sake of being ‘trendy’. In fact it’s insulting to people who actually need glasses. Buy some fake glasses.
Hi,

im sat here determined to geta laser eye surgery so i dont wear glasses
Hi I’m the thread starter, sorry guys, I understand now that this is a very stupid question, I just started to really want a pair of specs when I was looking on spec savers and saw some nice frames, but I was completely stupid of me to want to fake my eye test, sorry to anyone I may have annoyed! I will go for my eye test and won’t fake it, sorry again
Don't fake it - answer honestly and if you get a prescription, great, otherwise just go online - there are loads of companies which sell glasses online and only require you to input your prescription - (eg selectspecs ) - you can probably put in 00 and get just plain glass or put in like +0.25 (if they don't let you have plain glass, which makes so little difference it doesn't matter 0
Hi,

just buy the glasses you want without perscription
its better then wearing prescibed glasses which will messs up your eyes.
1. Don't

2.Don't

3. Please don't
Hi,

Bad idea. An optometrist can tell whether you're faking it right from the start. An eye reading is taken to determine your prescription. If you don't need glasses it will be at 0.00, so if you start suddenly not being able to read easy parts of the snellen chart, there will be inconsistencies within your eyesight which raises concerns. Also when you look through the lenses to help you see better, you will have inconsistencies there too. If you say for example lense 1 is better then the next time you are shown them lense 2 is better then there are some problems.

Other disadvantages include: permanent damage to the eye, headaches and even lead to blindness.
Just don't do it. Go in and be truthful. The optometrist always knows by that first reading.
Original post by Optometrist Dr
Bad idea. An optometrist can tell whether you're faking it right from the start. An eye reading is taken to determine your prescription. If you don't need glasses it will be at 0.00, so if you start suddenly not being able to read easy parts of the snellen chart, there will be inconsistencies within your eyesight which raises concerns. Also when you look through the lenses to help you see better, you will have inconsistencies there too. If you say for example lense 1 is better then the next time you are shown them lense 2 is better then there are some problems.

Other disadvantages include: permanent damage to the eye, headaches and even lead to blindness.
Just don't do it. Go in and be truthful. The optometrist always knows by that first reading.

Yes, wearing glasses with a prescription which isn't right for you sounds like a really bad idea. If you really want glasses just get some with fake lenses in.

Original post by KittyN

my sister also randomly wanted glasses when she was a little kid )

I remember when I first started wearing glasses & my younger sister got her eyes tested around the same time- she was disappointed there was nothing wrong with her sight because she wanted some glasses like mine. I really didn't want to wear them at first so couldn't believe she envied me for having glasses. The thing is her sight has deteriorated since then & she now has to wear glasses all the time & really doesn't like wearing them. I reminded her of this recently when she mentioned how annoying she finds having the frames against her ears all day- she really wishes she had good vision now. I rather would as well- I'm used to wearing glasses & see them as part of my style but it would be nice not to be so reliant on them.
I'd certainly feel sorry for you despite the stupidity of this if you ended up damaging your eyes as a result of your faking. :sadnod:

Latest

Trending

Trending