The Student Room Group

Pharmacy, chemistry or economics as a career

Hi, i need help choosing my course for this year, shall i do pharmacy, chemistry then go into teaching or econimics. The subjects that im good at are maths and chemistry. I really dont want to do biomedical science or go into research as i dont enjoy all of that so im confused between pharmacy, chemistry (teaching) or economics so what would open up more doors for me and what is better as a career and where would i get a job thats rewarding. Ive spoken to alot of pharmacists that are saying a pharmacy degree is not worth it now because theres soo many pharmacists now and the pay is going down whereas ive heard that with economics i can become an accountant, financial anaylyst or go into banking and work my way up. Thanks!
Original post by zoedhin
Hi, i need help choosing my course for this year, shall i do pharmacy, chemistry then go into teaching or econimics. The subjects that im good at are maths and chemistry. I really dont want to do biomedical science or go into research as i dont enjoy all of that so im confused between pharmacy, chemistry (teaching) or economics so what would open up more doors for me and what is better as a career and where would i get a job thats rewarding. Ive spoken to alot of pharmacists that are saying a pharmacy degree is not worth it now because theres soo many pharmacists now and the pay is going down whereas ive heard that with economics i can become an accountant, financial anaylyst or go into banking and work my way up. Thanks!

If you’re thinking about money, Econ would definitely be the way to go out of those three options. It seems like you’re not taking Econ at A Level, so have you read around the subject to see if you like the subject? It’s important to know that prior to applying, and good Econ courses can be quite competitive so you need to have done some reading for sure
Reply 2
Original post by SkyRunner61
If you’re thinking about money, Econ would definitely be the way to go out of those three options. It seems like you’re not taking Econ at A Level, so have you read around the subject to see if you like the subject? It’s important to know that prior to applying, and good Econ courses can be quite competitive so you need to have done some reading for sure

Thanks! so would you say econimics is better as a career than being a chemistry teacher or pharmacist. I didnt do econimics for a - level but i did do maths and i have been going through my brothers economics books and it does seem really interesting. Also what else can i do with an economics degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending