The Student Room Group

Obesity And Attractiveness

I recently rejected an obese girl by saying it was due to her obesity. I feel a little bit bad however, is it not fine to admit it? I believe fat shaming is wrong but I also believe making people think being unhealthy is good- is also wrong.

What do you think? Should I apologise to her? She asked for an honest reason which is why I said what I did.

Scroll to see replies

Don't go together.
Don't be a sad panda, obesity is socially unattractive.
lol you actually said 'no sorry, its because you are fat/i don't date fat chicks'?

i dunno, doesn't sound believable. i mean i know guys reject women for being fat, just never heard of a guy openly telling her why...
Original post by Strength
I recently rejected an obese girl by saying it was due to her obesity. I feel a little bit bad however, is it not fine to admit it? I believe fat shaming is wrong but I also believe making people think being unhealthy is good- is also wrong.

What do you think? Should I apologise to her? She asked for an honest reason which is why I said what I did.

okay but was the girl obese or fat? some guys get it twisted you know...
Reply 5
Original post by Strength

you could have used more tact and say you prefer slimmer girls. That would have delivered the same message without "shaming" her

However, no .. i don't believe you owe her an apology as she did ask for an honest opinion. If you ask for an honest reason then you need to be able to deal with it once you get it.

Deep down tbh it looks like she already was suspecting that was the reason hence asking for an "honest reason"

perhaps this rejection will spur her on to do something about her weight......
I believe all women are beautiful on the inside it does not matter if a girl has a lot of weight personality is more important a girl that is big is still attractive
Original post by Michele93
I believe all women are beautiful on the inside it does not matter if a girl has a lot of weight personality is more important a girl that is big is still attractive guys who only think skinny girls are attractive are shallow minded
i mean your right but you probably made her feel *****y and insecure which could have either results:

a) binge eating out of sadness and getting fatter as a result
b) encourages her to make a lifestyle change so she can be more secure in her body which is positive
Reply 9
Original post by justanotherchica

a) binge eating out of sadness and getting fatter as a result

If she puts on like 3 stone or something then it's on YOU OP :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I focus on the face
Reply 11
Original post by Rainfall
I focus on the face

name an obese celebrity then who you wouldn't mind dating [if they didn't have their fame or money]

how about big narstie

can I give him your number?
Reply 12
Some people like an EXTRA LARGE ehem ehem....I mean EXTRA THICC
You could have been more tactful, but she did ask you for an honest answer. Just check if she's ok
Original post by ANM775
name an obese celebrity then who you wouldn't mind dating [if they didn't have their fame or money]

how about big narstie

can I give him your number?

well hes not so big now but jonah hill when he was obese/overweight
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Rainfall
well hes not so big now but jonah hill when he was obese/overweight

So you would prefer a fat jonah hill to Joshua?

very bizarre....
Original post by ANM775
So you would prefer a fat jonah hill to Joshua?

very bizarre....

yep 👍🏽 Fat jonah hill is very cute and joshua is ok
Original post by random_matt
Don't be a sad panda, obesity is socially unattractive.
obesity is not unattractive
[QUOTE="Michele93;79053804"]
I believe all women are beautiful on the inside it does not matter if a girl has a lot of weight personality is more important a girl that is big is still attractive guys who only think skinny girls are attractive are shallow minded

The perfectly fine, but the OP wasn't attracted to them, why date someone you're not attracted to? That would be wasting both of your time.
obesity is not unattractive

Well, it kind of is. Let's not try and be too PC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending