The Student Room Group

dissertation help!

ims coming up to the point where i have to do my dissertation which states:

"You are required to submit an in-depth investigation into an aspect of business and management of your choice"

how does one chose a topic for their dissertation!?
Make sure its a topic you enjoy and really want to investigate.
Have a look or rather search on Google at other diss. in your topic area and have a read of their conclusion sections. Here you will find ideas for example where they discuss how they could improve their research and go from there.
Reply 2
I knew what I wanted to do before I started the degree, haha.

there must have been something that has piqued your interest and could have scope for further investigation? You don't need to reinvent the wheel here.
1.1 Try to highlight specific key words in the question so you understand what it is asking of you.
1.1.1 Plan, figure out a specific position in business and management you particularly want your dissertation to be in.

1.2 Recall upon your understanding with specific modules pertaining to that subject.
1.2.2 Use your knowledge throughout your previous years to guide the academic skills learnt to shape a position of study in planning what you will write your investigation on and how you want to approach it.

1.3 If you have taken a year in industry, you can write your dissertation in preference to the organisation you achieved work experience in.
1.3.3 Look at previous examples of dissertations, use them as a guideline. If anything, look into their grammar and associations made between them.

hope that helped.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by tinalouise0306
Make sure its a topic you enjoy and really want to investigate.
Have a look or rather search on Google at other diss. in your topic area and have a read of their conclusion sections. Here you will find ideas for example where they discuss how they could improve their research and go from there.

so far my highest grades revolve around;
1. marketing and sales management
2. human resource management
3. business investigation
4. international marketing strategy

i do like the marketing topic and 2 of my highest grades both include marketing
Can anyone help me with my dissertation please, I have failed it the first time around and I am now having to improve as I was a few marks off the pass grade. I am so confused on my methodology and would love some advice as I don't know what to do :frown:Thank you in advance, sorry if this is the wrong thread.
What subject are you doing mate?
I spent 1-2 months reading recent research papers looking for gaps in knowledge/ future work to be done.
Original post by JonahEllison
1.1 Try to highlight specific key words in the question so you understand what it is asking of you.
1.1.1 Plan, figure out a specific position in business and management you particularly want your dissertation to be in.

1.2 Recall upon your understanding with specific modules pertaining to that subject.
1.2.2 Use your knowledge throughout your previous years to guide the academic skills learnt to shape a position of study in planning what you will write your investigation on and how you want to approach it.

1.3 If you have taken a year in industry, you can write your dissertation in preference to the organisation you achieved work experience in.
1.3.3 Look at previous examples of dissertations, use them as a guideline. If anything, look into their grammar and associations made between them.

hope that helped.

That numbering. Eh?
Reply 9
Original post by shaddypeekey
What subject are you doing mate?

business management

I spent 1-2 months reading recent research papers looking for gaps in knowledge/ future work to be done.

thats a good idea, thankyou
Original post by DrSocSciences
That numbering. Eh?

Hahaha, didn't notice the jumps there.

1.2.2 and 1.3.3.

Sort of like the first classers graduating with their 1:1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending