The Student Room Group

Mature Students 2018 University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
i got my certificate for access course last week. now waiting for it to be sent to ucas so uni can confirm my place...too much waiting! just want to start now!
I finally got my certificate today haha. I just want it to all be confirmed so I can stop my worrying that something will go wrong with applications. I will be happy once it's confirmed on track. I think Unis are busy with SQAs at the minute though? Probably?
Original post by LNA14
i got my certificate for access course last week. now waiting for it to be sent to ucas so uni can confirm my place...too much waiting! just want to start now!

Take a photo and email it to your uni admissions.
Reply 363
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
Take a photo and email it to your uni admissions.

all been sorted place was confirmed yesterday. And my halls have been sorted!!! so excited for this new chapter to begin.

Cannot believe i'm 27 soon to be 28 and going into halls, completely mad but it was my cheapest and easiest option now that I'm on my own. I'm single, independent and ready for anything :biggrin:
Original post by LNA14
all been sorted place was confirmed yesterday. And my halls have been sorted!!! so excited for this new chapter to begin.

Cannot believe i'm 27 soon to be 28 and going into halls, completely mad but it was my cheapest and easiest option now that I'm on my own. I'm single, independent and ready for anything :biggrin:

I'm also going to be living in halls at 28. Actually really looking forward to it!
Original post by LNA14

Go girl!!! I’m staying at home as I have a dog. I’m 28 left bf and my job and super ready too! Woo haha
Reply 366
Original post by LNA14

These are going to be some famous last words! :biggrin:

Enjoy! There's a small part of me that is upset that I wont be in halls, however, the house and mortgage need tending to!
Had my place confirmed on UCAS for Exeter this September! Now just for the pesky accommodation :h:
Original post by Malevolent
Had my place confirmed on UCAS for Exeter this September! Now just for the pesky accommodation :h:

Same (but York). We get offers for accomodation from the 16th!
I'm living with my bf out of the centre and definitely feel like I'll miss something by not going into halls haha. I think I'll be more comfortable here though :wink:
Waiting for confirmation but if nothing comes through by next Monday I will take in my certificate
Reply 370
UCAS is definitely updated guys and girls. I spoke with my Uni this morning who confirmed they were able to access my results via UCAS and they are now in the process of being verified. If your UCAS is not updated yet its predominately an administrative matter I'd wager. The Uni must make the offer unconditional. It wont simply update upon receipt of your results.

I'm sure everything will be fine :smile:
Original post by Snufkin
Hi mature students, are you applying to university this year? Post and tell us where! :awesome:

What are you currently studying:
What subject(s) are you applying for:
Which universities are you applying to:
Any other info you feel like sharing:

Just finished my BSc in psychology with the OU.
Going to Edinburgh Napier to do an MSc in computing.
Place and accommodation confirmed for September.

29 and going to halls after over a decade of living alone. I have basically no social skills whatsoever so i'm dreading it. Couldn't be helped though, financially it was the sensible choice.
Original post by Slayersam
What are you currently studying:Access to Humanities and Social Sciences
What subject(s) are you applying for:Archaeology and Archaeology with Ancient History
Which universities are you applying to:Cardiff
Any other info you feel like sharing:Really worried if I'll manage Uni xx

I got 6 D, 30 M and 9 P. I needed 15 D and 30 M. Anyone else had disappointing results?
Original post by Slayersam
I got 6 D, 30 M and 9 P. I needed 15 D and 30 M. Anyone else had disappointing results?

What was your offer for?
Recently had my place confirmed, I'll be studying Icelandic and Norwegian at UCL. Still waiting to hear about accommodation ... I just turned 37 and I'll be going into halls, eek (it's the only opportunity I'll ever have to live in central London). I was an Access student (Humanities & Social Sciences) and I'm now a very happy bunny. :smile:
Hello everyone,

I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow! Please don't hesitate to give our Clearing and Adjustment team a call if you need. :smile:

www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/clearing/

Darren
Original post by Redacted
Recently had my place confirmed, I'll be studying Icelandic and Norwegian at UCL. Still waiting to hear about accommodation ... I just turned 37 and I'll be going into halls, eek (it's the only opportunity I'll ever have to live in central London). I was an Access student (Humanities & Social Sciences) and I'm now a very happy bunny. :smile:

My cousin did that very course and absolutely loved it!!! A few years ago now and she's living in Norway. Have fun :smile:
Original post by DrunkenBunny
My cousin did that very course and absolutely loved it!!! A few years ago now and she's living in Norway. Have fun :smile:

Wow, that's amazing - it's so unusual to come across anyone who has even heard of it, let alone knows someone who did it! Congrats to your cousin, and thanks! I can't wait to get started :biggrin:
Anybody going to University of Manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending