The Student Room Group

How to cope living in an abusive home

I an so ****ing devastated, my A level results were not what I wanted at all and I have to wait another year before I can get into university.
Uni was the big oppurtunity I had to move out of my parents house and never see them again.

They're emotionally abusive, manipulative, gaslighting and guilt tripping bullies and the older I get, the more impatient I become and I'm getting very close to becoming physical with them.

I just want a normal family, I just want my parents to love me but all they do is constantly treat me like ****, I see how my aunt treats her kids and I'm so damn jealous why couldn't she be my mam?
I can't move out as my job doesn't pay me enough, please, how the hell do I survive
Original post by Zoopley
I an so ****ing devastated, my A level results were not what I wanted at all and I have to wait another year before I can get into university.
Uni was the big oppurtunity I had to move out of my parents house and never see them again.

They're emotionally abusive, manipulative, gaslighting and guilt tripping bullies and the older I get, the more impatient I become and I'm getting very close to becoming physical with them.

I just want a normal family, I just want my parents to love me but all they do is constantly treat me like ****, I see how my aunt treats her kids and I'm so damn jealous why couldn't she be my mam?
I can't move out as my job doesn't pay me enough, please, how the hell do I survive

Is there a foundation year you could do somewhere? Is there nothing in clearing?
Call Childline for advice, they have expert help and advice on this topic. tel:08001111
I wish you the best, but I don’t feel completely comfortable giving advice on a topic this sensitive. You are so strong, and I wish you the best.
Please call Childline or the appropriate organisation. tel:08001111 tel:08001111
Are you sure your job doesn't pay you enough to move out? Perhaps you could talk about getting a few more hours, and applying for a house share. Private accommodation can be expensive, but sharing might be an option.

I am so sorry that you have had to go through this. It's horrible to live in an atmosphere like that, but you will be out of there soon.
Reply 4
Original post by Zoopley

I feel the same and am in the same situation. I have also made similar threads to this, wanna pm? Dw if not we can talk on this thread, decided not to go anon because yea anyway I am in a similar situation
Original post by Bang Outta Order
lmao oh stop it. Childline wont offer help for feelings being hurt by strict caring parents. Dont waste their time nor services when they could be helping kids being beaten, starved, left for dead, molested. **** sake.

Wtf is wrong with you? Seriously what the hell is wrong with you? Emotional abuse is a thing, kids k*ll themselves because they are made to feel worthless, and it has been proven the long term effects of emotional abuse are the same as sexual and physical abuse
Original post by Anonymous
Wtf is wrong with you? Seriously what the hell is wrong with you? Emotional abuse is a thing, kids k*ll themselves because they are made to feel worthless, and it has been proven the long term effects of emotional abuse are the same as sexual and physical abuse

pfft oh calm down. I said what I said. "Being manipulative" simply is not enough. Even severely physically abused children dont get proper help many times :rolleyes:. I was a child in the care system, I know wtf Im on about thank you.
pfft oh calm down. I said what I said. "Being manipulative" simply is not enough. Even severely physically abused children dont get proper help many times :rolleyes:. I was a child in the care system, I know wtf Im on about thank you.

I know I didn’t get the proper help I deserved and suffered from physical abuse, but I know how dangerous it is to make fun of childline to someone so they don’t use it, because they can help. There might be other stuff going on you don’t know about.
Original post by Anonymous
I know I didn’t get the proper help I deserved and suffered from physical abuse, but I know how dangerous it is to make fun of childline to someone so they don’t use it, because they can help. There might be other stuff going on you don’t know about.

when was I making fun of childline???

Even if your results weren’t what you wanted you might find a place in clearing/ foundation year. Maybe distance yourself from your family and focus on making new friendships and finding people you can rely on for help. Good luck :smile: x
lmao oh stop it. Childline wont offer help for feelings being hurt by strict caring parents. Dont waste their time nor services when they could be helping kids being beaten, starved, left for dead, molested. **** sake.

Why comment if you have nothing useful to say? Just a waste of everyone's time
Original post by bones-mccoy
Why comment if you have nothing useful to say? Just a waste of everyone's time

lmao ironic! And all I said was proper advice which was dont ring Childline over this. Buzz off.
lmao ironic! And all I said was proper advice which was dont ring Childline over this. Buzz off.

That's not proper advice, though, is it? The whole reason Childline exists is for situations like this. I'm sorry you've been through the care system but just because your life has been difficult it doesn't mean other people's problems aren't valid or don't deserve help.
Reply 13
Original post by Muttley79
Is there a foundation year you could do somewhere? Is there nothing in clearing?

I did look at clearing but it wasnt the course I wanted to go into
Reply 14

strict caring parents...? are you serious? I listed all the things they do and you think Im not worth helping just because theyre not hitting me?
Emotional abuse is just as bad as physical abuse, your screen name is literally what you are lmao **** off

Big gangsta man who don’t have time for these snowflakes because he has heavy steroid muscles but a small concience

and a small pepper too 🤗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending