The Student Room Group

Changing universities last min help!

I've changed from LJMU to LHU after being enrolled on the first day of the induction week in LJMU. I changed due to a change of heart as I have been conflicted over two different courses to undergo, one in LJMU and the other in LHU. LJMU have finally withdrawn me and LHU accepted me through clearing over the telephone and informed me that once I was released from old university I needed to add a clearing choice onto my UCAS in order to be registered as a student in their university. BUT i've gone onto my UCAS and its saying that clearing has now closed and if I wish to apply I need to complete a new application in the next academic cycle, using apply. But i checked on UCAS and it says that the deadline for adding Clearing choices is 23 october 2018.

Please help!!!
No one knows who or what LJMU or LHU is.
Reply 2
Original post by DarthRoar
No one knows who or what LJMU or LHU is.

unis...

Liverpool John Moores Uni
and
Liverpool Hope Uni
Rip
Reply 4
The second uni have said that I can start anyway but I just won't be a registered student and I have no information or timetables for the induction week...don't even know what time I'm meant to be in D:
Original post by quirky editor
Call ucas
Reply 5
Have you talked to student finance?

Yeah I need to get the new university to send them a transfer request and I've completed a CO1 form which just says what i'm changing
Reply 6
Had to do same. Your old uni is not charging you I assume. Has your second course started?

My new course starts on Monday and I felt like the old uni weren't really doing much to withdraw me so I was hassling them all week in order to put myself into clearing but now apparently thats closed although i thought the deadline was 23rd october???
Reply 7
It is but you can't really apply for anything then. You live at home?

Yeah I live at home but I don't understand why my UCAS is acting up saying that I've deferred my application or the next application cycle which I haven't and that clearing is closed when it says that the clearing deadline is 23.10.18
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lydia.L1998
I've changed from LJMU to LHU after being enrolled on the first day of the induction week in LJMU. I changed due to a change of heart as I have been conflicted over two different courses to undergo, one in LJMU and the other in LHU. LJMU have finally withdrawn me and LHU accepted me through clearing over the telephone and informed me that once I was released from old university I needed to add a clearing choice onto my UCAS in order to be registered as a student in their university. BUT i've gone onto my UCAS and its saying that clearing has now closed and if I wish to apply I need to complete a new application in the next academic cycle, using apply. But i checked on UCAS and it says that the deadline for adding Clearing choices is 23 october 2018.

Please help!!!

Hi Lydia,

I'll send you a PM and try and get this sorted for you!

Don't worry took much about timetabling information and induction week, this will all come one you're officially registered and there is still time to catch up. Official teaching doesn't begin until next Monday.

Katie :smile:
Original post by Lydia.L1998
My new course starts on Monday and I felt like the old uni weren't really doing much to withdraw me so I was hassling them all week in order to put myself into clearing but now apparently thats closed although i thought the deadline was 23rd october???

There's two stages to withdrawing you that LJMU need to do. First they need to withdraw your student record THEN they need to release your application into Clearing. You can't add a clearing choice because you're not in clearing (or because LJMU have incorrectly withdrawn your entire UCAS application instead of just placing you into clearing).

It should be possible for LHU to sort out without using UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending