The Student Room Group

help! I lied about what my father does

I am embarrassed about what my father does so when a coworker asked me what he does I told them what he used to do which was own resturants and then he said we should all go there for our christmas meal and I didn't say anything and just laughed and then he said 'No?' and I just carried on doing my work, when he said that I was in the middle of doing some work so it would just look like I was busy I guess. Then he said to another coworker that I'm not saying where the restaurant is and he really wants to go there. Then the subject got changed. Basically how do I get myself out of this mess. I never learn
You dropped yourself in it to be fair. Just tell them your father takes the Christmas period off and the restaurant is closed during this time. Or else tell them you're mental and like making up stories about your life.
Reply 2
Why be embarrassed about your fathers job? I’d be more embarrassed about an ungrateful kid to be honest.
Original post by DieselGate
You dropped yourself in it to be fair. Just tell them your father takes the Christmas period off and the restaurant is closed during this time. Or else tell them you're mental and like making up stories about your life.

yeah I'm definitely mental
Say he owns a chain of restaurants in another city, which a partner runs.

Or. Tell them to **** off and mind their own biz.
Original post by Notoriety
Say he owns a chain of restaurants in another city, which a partner runs.

Or. Tell them to **** off and mind their own biz.

thats a good suggestion but unfortunately I already said it's in london
Original post by celina10
thats a good suggestion but unfortunately I already said it's in london

Say he is a franchisee of McDonald's and they don't serve Christmas dinner.

Also, it's all anon here. What does the dad do?
just own up and be honest
Original post by tammie123
just own up and be honest
i can't do that
Reply 9
Go to a hot dog van and say hi dad, then get her a hot dog.
Original post by celina10
i can't do that

If you cannot own up to your lie, you do not want help. What you really want is to be absolved from responsibility for the lie. You have demonstrated throughout this thread that you are not able to take responsibility for your own actions and I would go as far as to say that you will not grow as an individual until you are able to do so.

“I never learn”

“Yeah I’m definitely mental”

In being ashamed of your father you have allowed yourself to behave in a manor that is not worthy of respect. You should use this mistake to realise that your lack of maturity is putting you into situations that are adverse to your development. You should also note that how you have acted has had a negative impact on the people around you. Squirming out of this lie will only help to perpetuate your chronic lack of self responsibility. You are an adult with a job so stop burying your head in the sand and wake up to the fact that YOU are responsible for the words that you speak and the actions that you make.
(edited 5 years ago)
Do you have to be ashamed of what your father does ? It's a bad attitude from a child a parent is proud of. As long as he pays your school fees, put food on your table I guess your dad is a hero.only if he's a thief or arm robber you can be ashame of him
First-world problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending