The Student Room Group

Join The Student Room Cycling Club

Hey Team!

By looking at this post, you are now officially part of The Student Room Cycle Club or TSRCC for short...welcome on board :smile:.

So if you are a member get posting and if not, register and join in.

What we will do:

Each Monday, post your weekend rides, a pic from Strava or POLAR will make this even better.

Each Thursday, post any planned rides for the weekend with MapMyRide or Strava routes.

As we get more people involved, we will set up polls to set up weekend challenges, climbs and time trials.

Club Rules:
- no judgement, we are all here because we love cycling
- support each other, together we'll get better!
- get involved, I'm sure you each know a grueling climb or gorgeous route that only you know. Share the knowledge!
- Few things beat bombing down a hill you have sweated buckets to get up. So enjoy!

Finally, one of our charity partners is the amazing Chestnut Tree House, they do great work helping young people in the Sussex who suffer from life shortening conditions. I would love for us to get TSRCC involved in the London to Brighton ride...and if we get enough sponsorship, I may even look into a TSRCC team jersey! Happy Riding Team
Bun that
My weekend:

Saturday:
Distance: 25.26km
Duration: 59:16
Ascent: 260m
Avg Speed: 25.6km/h

Sunday:

Distance: 26.92km
Duration: 01:11:13
Ascent: 220
Avg Speed: 22.7km/h

Next Weekend:
I'm of to Nice to cycle Col De Braus!

Col de Braus.PNG

Attachment not found

Psyched!
(edited 5 years ago)
Yesterday's ride:
Distance: 28.56
Duration: 01:14:25
Ascent: 290m
Avg Speed: 23.0km/h

Screenshot_20181023-104822.png
Okay Team TSRCC, today I want you guys to post your hardest local climb.

What's that hill that you can't help but drop into granny gear for, maybe even unclip and walk but always gets the lungs burning?

For me it is the shitshow that is Ditchling Beacon.

It's not the longest but with a max incline of 11.2% and an average of 9% it's a proper minger! However, it does give you an amazing view on from the top and a lovely leg recovering glide down into Brighton...but every-time i ask myself, is it really worth it!

ditchling beacon.jpg

So, what's your favorite worst climb?
There's already a cycle soc
Original post by Angry cucumber
There's already a cycle soc

strong contribution!
Weekend ride update:

Friday:
Nice to Col de Braus and back
Distance: 50Km
Elevation Gain: 1200m
Time:2h 53

col ride.PNG

Saturday: Nice to Cagnes sur Mer - to manaco- to Menton
Distance: 73km
Elevation Gain: 1200m
Time: 3h 50mins

Sunday
Menton to Bentimiglia to Nice
Distance: 57km
Elevation Gain: 1000m
Time: 2.10m

Pics to come!
I'm replacing the knackered forks on my Orange Crush and can't decide whether to go top of the range cheaper brand or lower end of a premium brand. Do they work out the same in the long run. People say you get better quality with the premium brands but its lower spec for the same price.
What's your guys favourite cycle? I hear test/tren/mast is very popular.
Original post by 2WheelGod
I'm replacing the knackered forks on my Orange Crush and can't decide whether to go top of the range cheaper brand or lower end of a premium brand. Do they work out the same in the long run. People say you get better quality with the premium brands but its lower spec for the same price.

Mate that is a beautiful bike! what forks are you looking at? Have you checked out ebay or gumtree as welll?
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
What's your guys favourite cycle? I hear test/tren/mast is very popular.

What the hell is a test/tren/mast?
Original post by Paulwyn
Mate that is a beautiful bike! what forks are you looking at? Have you checked out ebay or gumtree as welll?
Been looking at the Suntour Aion. Can get for just under £300. £300 on Rockshox doesn't get anywhere near the level of spec. Found a place doing Fox 32 Float for under £299 , which are pretty nice but only 140mm v the Aion's 160mm.
:confused:
Original post by 2WheelGod
Been looking at the Suntour Aion. Can get for just under £300. £300 on Rockshox doesn't get anywhere near the level of spec. Found a place doing Fox 32 Float for under £299 , which are pretty nice but only 140mm v the Aion's 160mm.
:confused:

I'm more if a roadie mate, so can't comment but if I was looking at repalcing anythng for my bike I'd try not to get blinded by brand names and go for spec over brand.

So to your original question, i'd be thinking top end of 'cheap' brand v low end of Premium brand.
Hi
Been a while but here was a beautiful ride from a couple of weeks back in the national park north of Sydney, absolutely stunning and even caught a bit of Home and Away being filmed! sydney ride.PNG

Quick Reply

Latest