The Student Room Group

Offer from Warwick higher than the actual course requierements

Hi,
I just got an offer from Warwick for the Cyber security course. I need to get 28/31 points in my leaving exams, equivalent to A*AA, but the course is AAB (which is like 23/22 points); is there a chance that they'll lower my offer or accept me even if I don't get 28 points?
Reply 1
Original post by wiccked222
Hi,
I just got an offer from Warwick for the Cyber security course. I need to get 28/31 points in my leaving exams, equivalent to A*AA, but the course is AAB (which is like 23/22 points); is there a chance that they'll lower my offer or accept me even if I don't get 28 points?

No their typical requirement is 36 points for IB.

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses-2019/cybersecurity/

36 IB points is indeed equivalent to AAB at A-level.
Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
No their typical requirement is 36 points for IB.

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses-2019/cybersecurity/

Don't think they are doing IB (as IB is out of 45 and their exams are out of 31)
Reply 3
I am from Slovenia and my leaving exam gives me an award kf Maturitetno spričevalo; at most unis AAB is equivalent to 22 points. 28 points is equivalent to A*AA. Everything is out of 31
I am from Slovenia and my leaving exam gives me an award kf Maturitetno spričevalo; at most unis AAB is equivalent to 22 points. 28 points is equivalent to A*AA. Everything is out of 31

Either they made a mistake with your offer or 28 points is what Warwick considers to be equivalent to AAB
Reply 5
Warwicks entry requirements for Slovenia are as following:
The Matura or secondary school leaving diploma is typically considered sufficient to undergraduate entry at grade level of 4 out of 5.
Reply 6

Ok, then give them a call and ask them to confirm it. But individual universities can set whatever requirements they want to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending