The Student Room Group

What are your worst Brexit fears?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miss Maddie
The rich are caller for a soft brexit. The rich being the bankers and big businessmen who benefit from cheap labour supply and being able to conduct their activities unchecked in any eu country. I don't really care about brexit that much, hard or soft it won't matter. The effects won't be noticeable come 2030.

What about now until 2030 then? Do those years not matter?
Original post by Fighter365
What about now until 2030 then? Do those years not matter?

From now until then there'll be lots in the news about deals. The deals won't have a huge effect on us no matter what. 2030 is a date for when the transition period is all over. When Brexit has completley happened it won't matter whether is hard or soft. There's not going to be recessions and trade wars.
Original post by Miss Maddie
The rich are caller for a soft brexit. The rich being the bankers and big businessmen who benefit from cheap labour supply and being able to conduct their activities unchecked in any eu country. I don't really care about brexit that much, hard or soft it won't matter. The effects won't be noticeable come 2030.

You will notice both almost immediately but a hard Brexit will be much worse. The value of the pound will fall which will cause imports to be much more expensive. You will notice this as a steep rise in the price of fuel, food and clothing. The rich (business owners) are naturally bothered about this but the rich e.g. Boris Johnson, Farage and Reece Mogg will have offshored much of their wealth so a devaluation of the pound will not affect them. But be under no uncertain terms, a hard Brexit will hit everyone in the country very quickly.
No mars bars
Original post by DustyFlowers
As in title... what are you worst Brexit fears? or non-Brexit fears? any of the sort. Lay them out here...

No brexit or a Norway style brexit
Reply 25
Following on from my previous post /fear ;
I never ever nip down to the shops only to find they’ve run out of kumquats or pilchards or hobnobs.
Meaning that I’ve had to put up three years of whining for nothing .
They've been confirmed already in a way. Just how much propaganda there is, how corrupted democracy is and how hard it is to 'drain the swamp' or change anything via the will of the people. This principle applies to Corbyn as well. Very powerful and dark forces at work to stop the people having change. I do think they are slowly losing their grip and may be unable to cling on with so many politically discontented and engaged people though.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 27
That we remain and Britain booms .
And remainers never ever stop saying that we are only booming because we remained .
My worst fear is the constant arguing and division within our country never ends.

The increasing use of terms like "snowflake" "remoaner" or "gammon".
The hypocrisy - like how people speak in support of how accepting and tolerant the EU is, yet they abuse leave voters as unintelligent turkeys voting for Christmas. Or people who use the term "remoaner" when they moan just as much whenever someone raises legitimate concerns about Brexit..
The arguments at just about every social event from a round of drinks at the pub to your family Christmas get together.
The thought of a second referendum which will just make the toxicity level in our country shoot up.

I'm absolutely ****ing sick to death of it.
Original post by sr90
My worst fear is the constant arguing and division within our country never ends.

The increasing use of terms like "snowflake" "remoaner" or "gammon".
The hypocrisy - like how people speak in support of how accepting and tolerant the EU is, yet they abuse leave voters as unintelligent turkeys voting for Christmas. Or people who use the term "remoaner" when they moan just as much whenever someone raises legitimate concerns about Brexit..
The arguments at just about every social event from a round of drinks at the pub to your family Christmas get together.
The thought of a second referendum which will just make the toxicity level in our country shoot up.

I'm absolutely ****ing sick to death of it.

Same. :/
Reply 30
That I live a long time and then get Alzheimer’s and end up in a care home and all the patients there mainly remember Brexit and there would be no escape except death.
Become vegan :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
That the libtards won't shut up about Remoaning once we've finally left.

nice burn bro /s
(edited 5 years ago)
I dont have any. I just want less EU and people from terrorist and smuggling countries here!
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I dont have any. I just want less EU and people from terrorist and smuggling countries here!

Basically, you want your white British racists. I understand why you chose Leave.
The pills I need to not (literally) **** myself to death are made in Germany. Would be a bit annoying if I couldn't get them anymore.
Original post by chelseagirl2002
Basically, you want your white British racists. I understand why you chose Leave.

what? 1st of all, it's said that leaving the EU will mean immigrants from ethnic countries, such as British commonwealths in the Caribbean and other islands, will be the main minority as opposed to Eu, so that's the first claim of racism out the way.

2nd, Im all for British CITIZENS because I'm tired of our unemployment and homelessness rates since they lead to the suicide rate, so unless you've never been to school you'd know British citizens includes more than just white people. ya donut.
Reply 37
None as I don't suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

The ideals of freedom, sovereignty, liberty and self-governance doesn't frighten me in the least.
Original post by DustyFlowers
As in title... what are you worst Brexit fears? or non-Brexit fears? any of the sort. Lay them out here...

got none. Lets go brexit
- Import costs will increase, making prices of good increase
- Export costs will increase, making the UK less attractive to do business with, damaging our working opportunities
- The size of the labour market will reduce, leading to staff shortages
- Reduced competition for jobs will increase wage bills and reduce productivity. That is, goods and services will be of lower quality and higher prices
- This may result in a loss of jobs due to increased outsourcing, automation, self-service etc.
- The damage to our economy will reduce the value of our currency and make imports, holidays etc. even more expensive

... in short, we will all be poorer than if we were to remain in the EU.

Also:

- We will lose our automatic right to live and work in any country in the EU
- The UK will lose its accountability to the EU, meaning that regulations will become more lax, human rights laws will be more lenient
- Reduced cooperation with the EU in terms of security and intelligence will make us more prone to things like terrorism

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending