The Student Room Group

Islamic question about Allah's existance

Hello

If Allah exists why do muslims hurt non muslims for saying bad things about Allah? surely if Allah is an almighty spirit he would be well beyond, intellectually, any petty insults by non believers and therefore not worth the time to worry about.

thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sasha_Coopers
Hello

If Allah exists why do muslims hurt non muslims for saying bad things about Allah? surely if Allah is an almighty spirit he would be well beyond, intellectually, any petty insults by non believers and therefore not worth the time to worry about.

thank you

'any petty insults by non believers and therefore not worth the time to worry about.'

You are 100% correct, what you are supposed to do is either try to stop them in a calm and harmless way e.g. talking, discussing, answer any questions they have that may be causing them conflict and causing them to make insults.

If you cannot fix the problem, your job is to ignore and walk off. If a Muslim starts fighting and hurting non-Muslims then he opens a door for others to join in and they will hold responsibility for allowing it to happen.
Hello

thank you

Third question of yours criticising Islam today.
Hello

thank you

I agree, when i was a muslim i used to also hate it and still do, when muslims attack non-muslims for saying things about muhammed, because he would say things like don't worship me and don't treat me as a god, so just treat him like a human being, and yet when people say stuff about him, some muslims get really on the defensive, there's no need for it, people would have so many horrid opinions about muhammed when he was alive, and treat him so poorly, muhammed didn't say go crush those people because they're being disrespectful of your prophet

as long as muslims themselves respect their prophet, they shouldn't go crazy about if another person tries to disrespect him
Many muslims, believe that this is a test and God gave them a free will
Reply 5
Hello

thank you

Islam condemns people harming innocent people regardless of their faith or background/ what they believe. People who do that are going against Islamic teachings. To say muslims as a whole hurt non Muslims is offensive, me being a Muslim. I’m a Muslim and I don’t go round hurting people who don’t believe in Islam! In fact I have close friends who aren’t Muslim. Religion/ belief is a part of who u r but it shouldn’t define us or our actions. Hope this answers ur question and maybe next time you’d like to rephrase ur question, for e.g not putting all Muslims under the same umbrella.
Reply 6
Original post by Mujstar
Islam condemns people harming innocent people regardless of their faith or background/ what they believe. People who do that are going against Islamic teachings. To say muslims as a whole hurt non Muslims is offensive, me being a Muslim. I’m a Muslim and I don’t go round hurting people who don’t believe in Islam! In fact I have close friends who aren’t Muslim. Religion/ belief is a part of who u r but it shouldn’t define us or our actions. Hope this answers ur question and maybe next time you’d like to rephrase ur question, for e.g not putting all Muslims under the same umbrella.

If a non Muslim says something that ain’t true about my religion then all I would do is kindly inform them of the truth. Hope this answers any thoughts u may hav:h:
Original post by Suaad Mohamoud
Well Sasha Allah the Almighty does exsist because their has to be a creator of All things the universe and rhe creatures the humans and the animals their can only be 1 diety and that diety Is Allah the Almighty. Your right Allah the Almighty is free from needs so human insults dont deminsh his Glory Glory be to Him Alone. Muslims shouldn't hurt non-muslim for saying bad things about Allah (SWT) because the Insultors will have to face God alone one day, maybe because people hold their beleifs dear ro then

There has to be an all almighty deity that created the universe because the idea comforts you no?

It gives you an explanation and meaning, which you need because you can’t quite handle trying to understand the opposite argument, you can’t handle the idea that maybe, just maybe you’re wrong, and that there is no almighty deity looking after you, you are all alone.
There doesn’t have to be a creator at all, let alone the Islamic one. Funny how Muslims constantly say that Allah isn’t human in any way, yet they get so offended on his behalf when others insult him. Does that mean that Allah indeed gets a bruised ego when people take the mick out of him?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
There doesn’t have to be a creator at all, let alone the Islamic one. Funny how Muslims constantly say that Allah isn’t human in any way, yet they get so offended on his behalf when others insult him. Does that mean that Allah indeed gets a bruised ego when people take the mick out of him?

I think it’s the fact that they look to God as the biggest figure in their life, someone they see as their Father I suppose, insulting Him is like insulting a family member
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TheNamesBond.
I think it’s the fact that they look to God as the biggest figure in their life, someone they see as their Father I suppose, insulting Him is like insulting a family member

But family members can get upset. If Allah has no human emotions then there should be no need to defend him because insults can’t affect him in any way.
Hello

thank you

i mean their are some people who call themselves"believers" but they're actually hypocrites. For example that person who hurt a non Muslim for saying that is outrageous, they should've dealt with the situation calmly and properly. if it was me i would confront the person saying it hurt my feelings and it says so in the Quran to speak gently and nicely to others.
hope this answers your questions i don't know to be honest
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
But family members can get upset. If Allah has no human emotions then there should be no need to defend him because insults can’t affect him in any way.

Like I said they defend him because they're upset, but I get your point, there should be no other reason to defend God other than the person being offended.
Like I said they defend him because they're upset, but I get your point, there should be no other reason to defend God other than the person being offended.

Every muslims is different...at the end of the day we are still humans...we all feel and process things differently...
If someone spoke bad about God to me, I personally wudnt do anything to them...I wud feel upset, but at the end of the day, it's god who will decide what happens to that person, not me...
And i agree with u, the only reason they shud defend god is if they feel offended becuz muslims believe everything is a test from Him...if someone says something bad about God, it's to test how that person will react for example
But maybe some people turn to violence (which isn't what they shud do at all) becuz they think god will reward them for standing up for Him...I don't know if they will or not becuz that's upto God, but the prophet taught us to nvr turn to anger and violence so I personally think its wrong to act in such a way...
But all this is just how I personally feel...I don't represent/define every Muslim in the world and they don't represent/define me
Hope this helps u understand
Original post by Zabidoo
Every muslims is different...at the end of the day we are still humans...we all feel and process things differently...
If someone spoke bad about God to me, I personally wudnt do anything to them...I wud feel upset, but at the end of the day, it's god who will decide what happens to that person, not me...
And i agree with u, the only reason they shud defend god is if they feel offended becuz muslims believe everything is a test from Him...if someone says something bad about God, it's to test how that person will react for example
But maybe some people turn to violence (which isn't what they shud do at all) becuz they think god will reward them for standing up for Him...I don't know if they will or not becuz that's upto God, but the prophet taught us to nvr turn to anger and violence so I personally think its wrong to act in such a way...
But all this is just how I personally feel...I don't represent/define every Muslim in the world and they don't represent/define me
Hope this helps u understand

Must say, this is quite odd to receive a reply from an old thread like this, but nevertheless, I shall answer, we are all humans, we do process things differently, however, that’s not an argument relevant to this discussion, or at least my discussion, it’s immaterial, the discussion is about people getting offended about someone’s views on their God, if God can’t be offended I can only assume the Theists in question are offended at the remark to such an obvious extent that they are incapable of receiving criticism, which can only tell me that they are insecure about their beliefs, possibly because they have views the same as their opposition which do not match their belief system, or cannot match their belief system, this speaks of high insecurity which can only mean said Theist or Theists don’t actually believe in what they believe, they just really, really want to, and the opposition is affecting that system, attacking it per say, causing irreparable damage and possible dismissal of this much needed religious belief system, or better yet, comfort system, this doesn’t speak for every person who is offended by remarks, but it does often stand to a certain population who is greatly offended by such criticism.
(edited 5 years ago)
Must say, this is quite odd to receive a reply from an old thread like this, but nevertheless, I shall answer, we are all humans, we do process things differently, however, that’s not an argument relevant to this discussion, or at least my discussion, it’s immaterial, the discussion is about people getting offended about someone’s views on their God, if God can’t be offended I can only assume the Theists in question are offended at the remark to such an obvious extent that they are incapable of receiving criticism, which can only tell me that they are insecure about their beliefs, possibly because they have views the same as their opposition which do not match their belief system, or cannot match their belief system, this speaks of high insecurity which can only mean said Theist or Theists don’t actually believe in what they believe, they just really, really want to, and the opposition is affecting that system, attacking it per say, causing irreparable damage and possible dismissal of this much needed religious belief system, or better yet, comfort system, this doesn’t speak for every person who is offended by remarks, but it does often stand to a certain population who is greatly offended by such criticism.

As I said, I agree that people get offended about people talking about God in a bad way which is why they "fight back" and I also agree with what u said in amy earlier comment which is that they also "fight back" becuz we see god as an almost father figure so we defend him becuz it seems wrong not to

However I disagree that any religious person does it becuz they disagree with their own beliefs/ belief system...obviously I can't account for every person but I definitely don't think that's the case for muslims
I don't wish to offend anyone, I'm just saying this to show a different perspective and that's my only intention- i dont belive this whatsoever- but maybe people who don't believe in god say that believers are insecure in their belief system and use religion to "comfort" themselves becuz they want to give themselves a reason to believe God doesn't exist becuz they are scared to believe in life after death (which seems scientificly impossible) becuz if god was real, technically (most religious people-such as christians and muslims-believe) u won't go to heaven
As I said - i dont believe this but it is an interesting perspective don't u think?
As I also said I don't want to offend anyone and my tone throughout this is neutral (not angry, or defensive)
Original post by Zabidoo
As I said, I agree that people get offended about people talking about God in a bad way which is why they "fight back" and I also agree with what u said in amy earlier comment which is that they also "fight back" becuz we see god as an almost father figure so we defend him becuz it seems wrong not to
However I disagree that any religious person does it becuz they disagree with their own beliefs/ belief system...obviously I can't account for every person but I definitely don't think that's the case for muslims
I don't wish to offend anyone, I'm just saying this to show a different perspective and that's my only intention- i dont belive this whatsoever- but maybe people who don't believe in god say that believers are insecure in their belief system and use religion to "comfort" themselves becuz they want to give themselves a reason to believe God doesn't exist becuz they are scared to believe in life after death (which seems scientificly impossible) becuz if god was real, technically (most religious people-such as christians and muslims-believe) u won't go to heaven
As I said - i dont believe this but it is an interesting perspective don't u think?
As I also said I don't want to offend anyone and my tone throughout this is neutral (not angry, or defensive)

Life after death seems scientifically possible? Enlighten me.

I actually intended to respond to your points until you said that, turns out you’re just another deluded individual, shame, I was enjoying this, for once an intellectual conversation with a Theist, or so I thought.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm only 16 u can't expect me to know everything...the whole point in having a mature conversation is to learn knew things about people in a respectful manner

I hate how people are so quick to jump to conclusions "turns out ur just another deluded individual" - if I was deluded, I wud only be able to see my own point of view and not be open minded about these things...if I was deluded I wud say everything u said is wrong and I'm right about everything which is completely wrong
Also, if u read it properly, u wudve seen I said that I don't believe what I said in that paragraph, I was just looking at perspectives

I actually said life after death is scientifically *impossible* but I'm not sure if thats what u meant...if that is what u meant, life after death wud be impossible (scientifically becuz as far as I'm aware, science says there's no soul in the human body...but u wud need a soul to live after u die I guess
either way, if u don't believe in god, do u believe in life after death? Becuz that's what it seems like ur saying but hen again, I don't know...I'm just another deluded individual
(edited 5 years ago)
all religion including Allah is fake news... when the first conman got his first victim

Reply 19
Hello

thank you

Because Allah is really satan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending