The Student Room Group
Original post by Blueple11
Hiya. I understand about entry requirements and universities' leniency towards students not achieving predicted grades, etc, but what if I know my grades already as I finished A levels 1-2 years ago.. Can/should I still apply to unis with entry requirements above my own? I assume so but yeah.. And is it worth applying for unis asking for AAB-ABB if my confirmed grades are BCC? Thanks in advance :smile:

No one can really tell you whether or not it's a risk worth taking. It also depends on so many other factors, such as whether you have work experience, and also the quantity/quality of other applicants in this cycle. Generally leniency with grades is a grade or two in one or two subjects. You may wish to add some more safe options if you decide to go down this route, or to consider the possiblilty of using clearing if you are unsuccessful.
Original post by Blueple11
Hiya. I understand about entry requirements and universities' leniency towards students not achieving predicted grades, etc, but what if I know my grades already as I finished A levels 1-2 years ago.. Can/should I still apply to unis with entry requirements above my own? I assume so but yeah.. And is it worth applying for unis asking for AAB-ABB if my confirmed grades are BCC? Thanks in advance :smile:

My son had ABB and got offers from Unis asking for AAB but to be honest, I think you are aiming a bit too high. I would aim your applications at more like BBB and below. Unless you feel very lucky!
Original post by Esingh-2001
Hello guys, I was worried about applying for university, I am currently in year 13 doing BTEC Level 3 in Information Technology as Diploma which is equivalent to 2 A levels and a BTEC Level 3 in Business as extended certificate which is equivalent to 1 A level and might do Italian as A level, I think by the end I would get in IT: D*D and in Business: D* and in Italian an A*. I wanted to apply to a university for a computer science degree either in a Russel group or a in a top 100 ranking, I have called a few unis and they said I need an A level with the Diploma but I'm doing another single business. Can anyone please help me? when I called them I did not tell them that I would be doing Italian as A level.

Only your target uni’s can answer this and they can only do so if you list all your qualifications. Most will accept native language AL’s but you need to check about your specific combination of subjects.

(Your question is not really related to this thread, which was about applying with achieved grades only. I’ll ask for this old thread to be closed, but feel free to start a new one depending on the replies you get from the uni’s.)

Latest

Trending

Trending