The Student Room Group

picking a uni

i have to choose between manchester and kcl, which one is better??
Original post by 5102436

They are different? It depends what for? Have you visited both for the open day? Do you want to live in London?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
They are different? It depends what for? Have you visited both for the open day? Do you want to live in London?

umm, i applied for business management
Original post by 5102436

I have always thought Manchester is the better Uni On a par w Bristol Nottingham Warwick Birmingham Durham etc...
KCL seems to have a very strong international reputation tho (i think thats based more on name/location than anything else) just depends what u want.

Both Unis pros/cons are similar enough that it should be more what u personally want. I think Manchester would be a better student city but then again ive never studied at either.
Reply 4
Original post by malcolmmarecki
I have always thought Manchester is the better Uni On a par w Bristol Nottingham Warwick Birmingham Durham etc...
KCL seems to have a very strong international reputation tho (i think thats based more on name/location than anything else) just depends what u want.

Both Unis pros/cons are similar enough that it should be more what u personally want. I think Manchester would be a better student city but then again ive never studied at either.

where are u currently studying?
KCL is currently ranked 2nd for Business and Management; Manchester is 16th: https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Business%20%26%20Management%20Studies

However, Manchester is 18th in the league tables and KCL is 26th: https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

Both unis seem to have pretty good nightlife as they're both based in busy cities. You might want to compare the modules available for both courses and see what you're more interested in.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
i would see what is different between the teaching of each universities what what do u need to do for each uni.
Original post by 5102436

in addition to what's been said, also consider that Manchester will be very ethnically diverse whereas KCL will be extremely ethnically diverse which may affect the social experience for you positively or not
Original post by 5102436
where are u currently studying?

mechanical engineering.

If your interested in working abroard after uni, KCL is probably a better choice. KCL probably (slightly) better if u want a job in financial services sector. Manchester probably a more 'normal' uni with less international students. Personally if i was picking id recommend Manchester I think it would be more enjoyable and better if your on a normal student budget. but there are so many factors but tbh both will be fine and open up lots of doors down the road

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending