The Student Room Group

Girls, how long do you like sex to last for?

Hi girls, I was just wondering how long you like sex to last for? I read somewhere that the average time for couples is 5.4 minutes. Another article said an average of 19 minutes. It's not very clear, so I thought I'd do the research myself. So, generally speaking how long would you prefer sex to last for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi girls, I was just wondering how long you like sex to last for? I read somewhere that the average time for couples is 5.4 minutes. Another article said an average of 19 minutes. It's not very clear, so I thought I'd do the research myself. So, generally speaking how long would you prefer sex to last for?

If you're only talking about sex and not including foreplay, then I'd say 15-20 minutes is my preference. With foreplay, 30-60 minutes.
Reply 2
As above.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you're only talking about sex and not including foreplay, then I'd say 15-20 minutes is my preference. With foreplay, 30-60 minutes.

Ok thank you. Do you consider foreplay to be an important part of sex? Sorry to ask, it's just me and my partner don't do much foreplay before sex, mainly because she doesn't like giving or receiving head.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok thank you. Do you consider foreplay to be an important part of sex? Sorry to ask, it's just me and my partner don't do much foreplay before sex, mainly because she doesn't like giving or receiving head.

Yeah, because it helps me become relaxed and ready for sex. It's very important. Without it sex would be painful because I wouldn't be prepared.

Foreplay isn't just about oral sex.
69 minutes.
With me, they would prefer it to be 0.
As long as possible.
The longer the better. Too many men lack stamina in the bedroom.

Get that cardiovascular fitness up otherwise you'll be leaving us disappointed.
Reply 9
Sorry, but this is a rather stupid question.

If you have to watch the clock during sex, you should maybe leave it alone.

It totally depends on the situation, the partner, the "kind" of sex etc. The last thing I think about while having sex is how long it lasts - and if I do so, there might something be going wrong.

If both partners are having a good time, it can be from 5 minutes up to 3 hours or whatever... there are no limits.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yeah, because it helps me become relaxed and ready for sex. It's very important. Without it sex would be painful because I wouldn't be prepared.

Foreplay isn't just about oral sex.

Thank you so much!
Reply 11
I'm gonna elaborate on my answer.

Although I said approximately 1 hour with foreplay, 15/20 minutes without - timing isn't as important as skill.

I'd rather have half an hour of sex with foreplay where the guy/girl actually makes me come, than an hour of sex when it's all about them (which is the majority of the time, annoyingly). Guys really underestimate foreplay, shoving your d*ck in me straight away is only going to please you. It's frustrating and it's bad sex.
Original post by Violet Femme

Some women say they like it to be like 15-20 mins, would you agree? If not, how long were you thinking?
Reply 13
Sex can honestly range for me, i've never watched the clock we just go with it because it fluctuates, that being said.

we usually average from 7 to 15 minutes just sex and about 20 to 25 with foreplay.

everyone is different and personally if we went past 15 i would get a little bored, some go for 20 minutes or longer, or less. it honestly depends
Who cares. I ***, it's over and I'm going to sleep.
Original post by pandore_
Sorry, but this is a rather stupid question.

If you have to watch the clock during sex, you should maybe leave it alone.

It totally depends on the situation, the partner, the "kind" of sex etc. The last thing I think about while having sex is how long it lasts - and if I do so, there might something be going wrong.

If both partners are having a good time, it can be from 5 minutes up to 3 hours or whatever... there are no limits.

I don't think anyone here is actually staring at their watch while they're getting jiggy. I can only speak for myself of course so my times I gave were just rough estimates. I think most people consider how long it lasts after it's finished e.g. "Wow we went for longer that time" or "Hey that was pretty fast!". And I'd surely hope no one has a timer that when it goes off after 20 minutes they stop because that's the "limit"!
Tantric sex can last for hours :smug:
Original post by the bear
Tantric sex can last for hours :smug:

My man!
Reply 18
Original post by Violet Femme

is that true? does having a higher actual physical stamina increase the time the time in the bedroom? because I remember hearing somewhere fat people last longer (or something along the lines) Citation needed ofcourse.
Original post by Notoriety
My man!

Our favorite position is the Plumber:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending