The Student Room Group

UCAS application for transferring universities

Should I use the same UCAS application that I used when applying for university when I was in college when applying to transfer universities (to go into first year again) or should I write a new one and if so what should I include in it?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nicholasstanley
Should I use the same UCAS application that I used when applying for university when I was in college when applying to transfer universities (to go into first year again) or should I write a new one and if so what should I include in it?

You will need to make a fresh UCAS application and although elements of the Personal Statement might remain the same, you will need to update it and target it towards the course you want to transfer into.

Ucas Apply will make you start from scratch. You will need to update your education section to include your current university, update your PS in light of everything you have learned in the last 12-18 months and you need to arrange a new reference (ideally from your current university).
I'm doing literally the same course but I'm just not really sure what to write about in the personal statement.

(Original post by harrysbar)You will need to make a fresh UCAS application and although elements of the Personal Statement might remain the same, you will need to update it and target it towards the course you want to transfer into.
I'm doing literally the same course but I'm just not really sure what to write about in the personal statement.

(Original post by harrysbar)You will need to make a fresh UCAS application and although elements of the Personal Statement might remain the same, you will need to update it and target it towards the course you want to transfer into.

The same things you wrote about in your last PS. Why do you want to study that course, what topics/work really interests you, what have you enjoyed in your first year at university, why do you want to change university.
Your new Uni won't mind that you have been to Uni before, but try to present what happened in a positive way. So explain what you learnt from your first experience (that you don't like big city Unis for example, or you don't like campus ones) to explain why you will be happier at the Uni you wish to transfer into.

I'm hoping to move from Leeds (where I study now) to London but the reasoning is due to the fact that I will be closer to home.

(Original post by harrysbar)Your new Uni won't mind that you have been to Uni before, but try to present what happened in a positive way. So explain what you learnt from your first experience (that you don't like big city Unis for example, or you don't like campus ones) to explain why you will be happier at the Uni you wish to transfer into.
I'm hoping to move from Leeds (where I study now) to London but the reasoning is due to the fact that I will be closer to home.

(Original post by harrysbar)Your new Uni won't mind that you have been to Uni before, but try to present what happened in a positive way. So explain what you learnt from your first experience (that you don't like big city Unis for example, or you don't like campus ones) to explain why you will be happier at the Uni you wish to transfer into.

So you could briefly mention that you're excited by the prospect of moving back to London, and then move on to why you want to do their course and which aspects of it you are most interested in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending