The Student Room Group

Crush not replying to texts

Ok, so I'm in university and I met this girl who I like a lot. She told me she has a boyfriend, so I decided to just be her friend. I only met her this semester so we've known eachother for about 5-6 weeks. We always sit together in class and always have great conversations. I used to text her sometimes to arrange to hang out or go to some event in the university and she always replied pretty quickly. I'm now on my mid-term break so won't see her for 1.5 weeks. I texted her on Facebook messenger a few days ago just to ask how she was doing. The message has been sent but she hasn't "seen" it. It's been 5 days and she is always online when I open messenger but still hasn't opened my text. I am pretty much 100% sure she is doing this intentionally. I haven't texted her again because I don't want to seem weird. I should add that I still like her and she may or may not have figured this out. Anyway, what should I do now? Text her again, asking why she isn't replying? Should I just ignore her until the mid-term ends and talk to her about it in uni? Should I just not talk to her anymore at all? Also, anyone know why she might be doing this?

Scroll to see replies

It is probably because she has boyfriend, and she may be friend zoning you. She may have suspected that you like her, so maybe that could be a reason. If she has a boyfriend, i think you should stop texting her m8.
Reply 2
Isn't it still kind of rude not to reply at all? I'm going to see her after the mid-term and I'm not sure what to do when I see her. We were fine before the mid-term but now I feel like she hates me and I don't even know if she wants to talk to me anymore.
Original post by bored1802
It is probably because she has boyfriend, and she may be friend zoning you. She may have suspected that you like her, so maybe that could be a reason. If she has a boyfriend, i think you should stop texting her m8.
You see, it depends how often you text her. If it is quite a lot then maybe she doesn't feel the same therefore ignores you as she is with someone, don't worry if she hates you or not. Okay, you deserve someone who is free and loves you, don''t spend your time fighting for her because she is not single; and if you do succeed then someone else may be likely to do the same to you. Just move on, i am doing the same with my crush so you're not alone. When you least expect it the time will come, just focus on yourself.
Original post by azee76
Isn't it still kind of rude not to reply at all? I'm going to see her after the mid-term and I'm not sure what to do when I see her. We were fine before the mid-term but now I feel like she hates me and I don't even know if she wants to talk to me anymore.
Reply 4
Well, I generally hate texting and prefer taking in person. I do not text her a lot at all. The only reason I texted her is because we're on our mid-term and I won't see her for a while. I just wanted to ask her how she was doing. But thanks for your advice, isit really helpful. I think I'm gonna do what you're saying and just try to move on. Do you think I should not talk to her at all when I go back?
You see, it depends how often you text her. If it is quite a lot then maybe she doesn't feel the same therefore ignores you as she is with someone, don't worry if she hates you or not. Okay, you deserve someone who is free and loves you, don''t spend your time fighting for her because she is not single; and if you do succeed then someone else may be likely to do the same to you. Just move on, i am doing the same with my crush so you're not alone. When you least expect it the time will come, just focus on yourself.
well do not initiate the conversation, if she talks to you let her do so but act like you aren't that interested ya know.
Original post by azee76
Well, I generally hate texting and prefer taking in person. I do not text her a lot at all. The only reason I texted her is because we're on our mid-term and I won't see her for a while. I just wanted to ask her how she was doing. But thanks for your advice, isit really helpful. I think I'm gonna do what you're saying and just try to move on. Do you think I should not talk to her at all when I go back?
She might just want to keep contact with university friends to term-time only. I know I often ignore my classmates messages during uni breaks. :dontknow:
Reply 7
Ok, thanks so much for your advice. I'm kinda stupid when it comes to things like these. Thanks again
well do not initiate the conversation, if she talks to you let her do so but act like you aren't that interested ya know.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey, no worries; same thing going with my crush but i realised what i had to do was not look at him or talk to him or about him. I just thought about myself, worried about myself and my friends and family. It happens, i thought i had a chance with my crush until he fully ignored and avoided me after a while.
Original post by azee76
Ok, thanks so much did your advice. I'm kinda stupid when it comes to things like these. Thanks again
Reply 9
Well I don't text her a lot at all. I just wanted to ask how she was doing. Isn't ignoring messages a bit rude. It literally takes 2 seconds to reply saying that you're fine.
Original post by sinfonietta
She might just want to keep contact with university friends to term-time only. I know I often ignore my classmates messages during uni breaks. :dontknow:
Reply 10
She's sussed you fancy her and is avoiding giving you encouragement. Girls pick up on these things readily and it's a standard ploy to delay or not reply at all to messages. It would be rude to challenge this, you just need to be nonchalant and put energy in to finding someone who is available and up for it.
Reply 11
Just a quick update So I'm back in university since yesterday and that girl just doesn't talk to me. She's always late and always used to sit beside me. Now she intentionally sits at the back in order to avoid me. And if I try to talk to her, she just says hi and walks away. She definitely hates me or something now. Ah well, i don't like going after girls who do that anyway so I guess I'm just going to not try to talk to her anymore or invite her out anymore.

Do you think that's fine or does anyone have different advice?
Original post by azee76
Just a quick update So I'm back in university since yesterday and that girl just doesn't talk to me. She's always late and always used to sit beside me. Now she intentionally sits at the back in order to avoid me. And if I try to talk to her, she just says hi and walks away. She definitely hates me or something now. Ah well, i don't like going after girls who do that anyway so I guess I'm just going to not try to talk to her anymore or invite her out anymore.

Do you think that's fine or does anyone have different advice?

Sounds like that's exactly what she wants too (no contact) so it's the best course of action.
Reply 13
Yeah, I'm not gonna talk to her anymore but it's a shame. I mean she's a great person and it's not like we can't be friends or anything. I didn't ever think she was the type of person who would try to completely avoid me though.
Original post by sinfonietta
Sounds like that's exactly what she wants too (no contact) so it's the best course of action.
Original post by azee76
Yeah, I'm not gonna talk to her anymore but it's a shame. I mean she's a great person and it's not like we can't be friends or anything. I didn't ever think she was the type of person who would try to completely avoid me though.

I chuckled in relation reading this, I've had to deal with this for 6 years, it's absolutely great, the best thing you can do is move on, I wish I could (well I am slowly), seeing the person I love with all my heart hate me and not want to talk to me, trying not to laugh at my jokes, it hurts like nothing else, but reading this she does have a boyfriend so it's understandable, mine did this when she didn't and that was 2 years ago, still going strong on the feelings though. I have lost all hope but it's very hard to get her out of my mind and more importantly my heart, my only method of breaking free of the chains is going to a Uni 400+ miles away and completely deleting all contact with her (and hoping this works). Don't try and be friends with her, I've tried that, she knows you like her, it'll never be the same, unless you get with someone perhaps.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
Thanks so much for your advice. I'm not able to move university but it's really easy for me to avoid her in class anyway. I guess I'll just do that. She'll come talk to me herself if she wants to. Thanks again
Original post by Max1989
I chuckled in relation reading this, I've had to deal with this for 6 years, it's absolutely great, the best thing you can do is move on, I wish I could (well I am slowly), seeing the person I love with all my heart hate me and not want to talk to me, trying not to laugh at my jokes, it hurts like nothing else, but reading this she does have a boyfriend so it's understandable, mine did this when she didn't and that was 2 years ago, still going strong on the feelings though. I have lost all hope but it's very hard to get her out of my mind and more importantly my heart, my only method of breaking free of the chains is going to a Uni 400+ miles away and completely deleting all contact with her (and hoping this works). Don't try and be friends with her, I've tried that, she knows you like her, it'll never be the same, unless you get with someone perhaps.
if she talks to you make sure that you do not seem interested, you are not her toy to play around so stand on your ground and do not let yourself get disrespected. Make it clear that you have better stuff to do in life
Original post by azee76
Thanks so much for your advice. I'm not able to move university but it's really easy for me to avoid her in class anyway. I guess I'll just do that. She'll come talk to me herself if she wants to. Thanks again
Original post by azee76

No problem, that is a good way to go about it, I hope you all the best and I'm sure you'll find someone else equally if not more brilliant in no time :h:
She's taken and you sound infatuated. Best to just move on. Try not to get so close to girls who have boyfriends, as like in this case, you will mostly end up hurt over it.
Reply 19
Well I'm not even that infatuated with her (not anymore anyway) and I'm not really hurt because of her. I just find it odd why she would ignore me like she's doing. Man women are hard to understand.
Original post by thomas4044
She's taken and you sound infatuated. Best to just move on. Try not to get so close to girls who have boyfriends, as like in this case, you will mostly end up hurt over it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending