The Student Room Group

Do I fail the module if I don't hand in an assignment?

Assignment is due in 2 days and I don't have enough time to do it (because of other assignments). I can get a zero on this and still pass the module so that doesn't really matter. I was just wondering if not handing in an assignment automatically fails the module? I heard some people saying this...
Original post by Anonymous
Assignment is due in 2 days and I don't have enough time to do it (because of other assignments). I can get a zero on this and still pass the module so that doesn't really matter. I was just wondering if not handing in an assignment automatically fails the module? I heard some people saying this...

Hey im not sure about this, i assume this is right, its best to hand something in than nothing i think. Could you potentially apply for an extension if you have a reason as to why you haven't been able to do it?
Sophia
It depends on the regulations of your university and course. Your course handbook should have the answer if not you would have to ask someone in your department what the specific rules relating to your course are.
Some courses/universities require you to pass all parts of the module/ get a minimum amount in all parts.

It might be better to try and get an extension the deadline and at least put something in .
Original post by Anonymous
Reply 3
I don't have a legit reason - I literally don't know how to do the assignment so I decided to just do my other ones which are worth more anyway
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey im not sure about this, i assume this is right, its best to hand something in than nothing i think. Could you potentially apply for an extension if you have a reason as to why you haven't been able to do it?
Sophia
Forgot what I previously said, didn't read the post correctly.

Yea getting less than the passable grade for an assignment (in this case zero) is 'usually' fine as long as you pass the module.
Worth double checking though as that's a UNI specific thing.
Reply 5
if you can't find the info in your handbook/online then i would contract your personal tutor. if someone here tells you you'll be fine - and then you're not fine - you can't use TSR on your PEC form later, know what i'm sayin? :smile:

are you sure you're not selling yourself short? i bet you could hand something in on time if you really wanted to. or did you never plan on doing the assignment, anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending