The Student Room Group

Men- what is 'tacky' and unattractive?

Just wondering what you think regarding women. I'm a 21yo girl. Have always heard that thick layers of makeup and spider lashes, fake tan or tacky half naked clothing are the main 'turn offs' but i do not see these girls getting turned away.

Any others?
Reply 1
why does it matter what they think? theres many women out there who do still plaster themselves in make up whilst theres others out there who never wear make up. be yourself, dress in whichever way that makes you happy because at the end of the day not everyone will like the same thing. i've been told by guys to tone down my make up but then i've been told by others that i never wear enough of it. you'll never be able to win them all. therefore do what works for you and the right guy for you will like it
Reply 2
I am asking out of curiosity because I think it's important to understand the way different people think, it is true that it is subjective
Original post by Allie4
why does it matter what they think? theres many women out there who do still plaster themselves in make up whilst theres others out there who never wear make up. be yourself, dress in whichever way that makes you happy because at the end of the day not everyone will like the same thing. i've been told by guys to tone down my make up but then i've been told by others that i never wear enough of it. you'll never be able to win them all. therefore do what works for you and the right guy for you will like it
Original post by Anonymous
Have always heard that thick layers of makeup and spider lashes, fake tan or tacky half naked clothing are the main 'turn offs' but i do not see these girls getting turned away.

can't be because so many guys have girlfriends who fit that description...
Reply 4
In general, I think a natural / minimalist look is best to achieve not being 'tacky'. Nothing over the top (IE nothing too revealing) and nothing too unnatural (IE unnatural hair colours, excessive piercings etc.)

Some guys really don't mind though - it depends what kind of guys you target. But, your personal choice on the matter is first, of course
I don't like excessive make-up, and clothing so thin that underwear is visible.
Lots of makeup, fake tan, and a common voice. Massive turns offs for me.
long a** nails, tight clothes and cake faces.
Yeah, fake tan and caked on make up is tacky. It doesn’t just look unnatural but leaves us thinking what the hell are you trying to hide beneath it?
Reply 9
What about no makeup at all, but that person looks tired (cause deadlines) , do you think ew what a haggard looking girl or do you still think them pretty
I always feel like unless i'm naturally fresh and perky , the no make up look makes guys think i'm a troll when they compare me to others with makeup
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Yeah, fake tan and caked on make up is tacky. It doesn’t just look unnatural but leaves us thinking what the hell are you trying to hide beneath it?
Tacky girls find tacky guys (or stupid guys). Caked in makeup, tight revealing clothing, always says babe and fake tan just shows that a girl is not naturally attractive, and has to heavily rely on cosmetics.
'a common voice'? What is this, the 1950s? What else don't you approve of? China dogs on the mantelpiece? Pictures of geese in flight on the walls?

Original post by MilkshakeMalties
Lots of makeup, fake tan, and a common voice. Massive turns offs for me.
Just wondering what you think regarding women. I'm a 21yo girl. Have always heard that thick layers of makeup and spider lashes, fake tan or tacky half naked clothing are the main 'turn offs' but i do not see these girls getting turned away.

Any others?

A majority of men out there are hypocrites. They expect a girl to act a certain way, dress a certain way but they do the right opposite themselves and think expectations shouldn't be for them just because they are guys? A female should be able to wear as much makeup as she wants, have a fake tan and wear what she wants without having the fear or questions what the opposite gender will think or perceive them as. Females in this day and era have high standards for themselves because of how they have been viewed or spoken about. At the end of the day, if a guy doesn't like you because of your lifestyle or your style in general then he isn't the right guy for you.
I don't care how girls dress, it's just depends on if they're fit and their personality. Dressing 'tacky' is fine as long as they don't act like ****s, even though that can be a turn on sometimes. Some girls suit makeup and some don't.
'a common voice'? What is this, the 1950s? What else don't you approve of? China dogs on the mantelpiece? Pictures of geese in flight on the walls?

I don't know how I'd feel about pics of geese in fight on the walls, they are quite scary when they fly as they're known to have tempers
Well tacky can be anything not just appearances

I don't care how girls dress, it's just depends on if they're fit and their personality. Dressing 'tacky' is fine as long as they don't act like ****s, even though that can be a turn on sometimes. Some girls suit makeup and some don't.
Original post by Alexty28
always says babe

LOOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending